Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Huckerby Not Flopperby!!!

Can I just make a little point to all those stating Hucks hasn''t been doing it lately.  Those with a little more than a very short-term memory will recall that Hucks didn''t score a single goal for 9 matches last season during the autumn period until he got back on the scoresheet at home to Crewe.  He then went on to crack in 14 goals & fire us into the Prem....ring any bells anyone?!?!

He''s just got a vital equaliser against the Brummies & will carry on from here - mark my very impressive words!!!

Rick waghorn has it spot on too... Huckerby''s role this year is to make space and occupy defenders rather than be the leading goalscorer.  Francis'' goals come from space Hucks is creating. He''s contributing a lot to the team all around, it''s just that some of the contribution is "indirect" and probably lost on people who can get no further than leading goalscorer columns (most of whom appear to be football journalists).

OK so he''s taking (some fairly weak) penalties too, but he''s on target for 12-14 goals this year, not bad for a left winger who usually has 2 markers for most of the game.

Thing is, when he makes the space and opportunities people have to  take them... Francis was doing, now the other 2 forwards have got to start getting a few goals netted.

[quote]Can I just make a little point to all those stating Hucks hasn''t been doing it lately. Those with a little more than a very short-term memory will recall that Hucks didn''t score a single goal for 9 m...[/quote]

Respect! Clint. This needed saying, so I''m glad you did so.

But if he doesn''t score next week, mark my words, just like the old Arnie and the Terminator, they''ll be back!.

pity he didnt score the chance in the first half aswell............