Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Korey Smith Doubtful For Friday

If he doesnt make it I would like to Hughes come in personally. I don''t that sitting role Lambert has deployed him at times this season suits him at all. However as he showed Saturday that role on the right hand side of the diamond could suit him perfectly. Smith having a breather against Tranmere and Stockport probably wouldnt be a bad thing. I keep forgetting the guys only 19 he''s played that well

I think this isn''t just about the dead leg, more a convenient way of giving Hughes a game without appearing to drop Smith.

Smith has been superb this season but not a massive loss having Hughes come in for him. The goal on Saturday showed he''s comfortable playing on the right of the diamond, he''s often played at the base or on the left where i''m not sure it''s really suited his game.

I think the fact that he is only nineteen gives a clue about what is happening tomorrow.

What a prospect. He has has a long season for his age.

[quote user="morty"]I think this isn''t just about the dead leg, more a convenient way of giving Hughes a game without appearing to drop Smith.

[/quote]

Quite possibly. Smith looked a bit under par on Saturday for me. If he is a little tired why not use the squad we have. Ironically given the glut of midfielders Gunn signed I think it represents our weakest area. I would only back Hughes or McNamee to come in and do a job at the moment if one of the 4 regulars got injured.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[quote user="morty"]I think this isn''t just about the dead leg, more a convenient way of giving Hughes a game without appearing to drop Smith.

[/quote]

Quite possibly. Smith looked a bit under par on Saturday for me. If he is a little tired why not use the squad we have. Ironically given the glut of midfielders Gunn signed I think it represents our weakest area. I would only back Hughes or McNamee to come in and do a job at the moment if one of the 4 regulars got injured.

[/quote]

He did have a genuine dead leg, strapped up and limping a bit. Why do people question things like this? If there is a doubt Lambert has no reason to risk him.

Morty''s Paul Lamberts brother...haven''t you worked that one out yet?

I thought hughes was MoM in the 0-3 win atat Southend...would have liked to see him play more...but how could you drop any of the main quartet? you cant. Will miss the Kid Korey (just behind Holt for POTS for me) but happy to see Hughes get a start.