Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

The problem with this board is.....

Can I just say in balance that this is even more entertaining these days than when I last used to follow it closely a year or two ago.

I''ve also noticed a WOTB element which is new, but to balance that there is a high % of quality posters around. And there always were people who couldn''t spell, or debate reasonably or without insults, etc. In fact some of the best moments I''ve read have been well-aimed, well-earned humorous digs at excessive.

It''s been nice to read a completely new (to me) angle on a current team debate, or see a rather sweet ''reminiscithread'', or an intense and occasionally surprisingly well-informed and thoughtful political debate, or a genuine piece of revealing inside information (as opposed to made-up/media-stoked stuff about transfers, or our manager''s supposed plans to move on), or just a well funny one-off comment.

It''s even apparently turned into a forum for what you might call quite effective ''investigative posterism'', of sorts. Who''d have thought it!

And the standard of swearing isn''t so awful as all that, considering it''s partly self-moderated now. I haven''t seen many posts containing much worse language than what I saw used (somewhat shockingly and with no attempt at self-irony, or inventive spelling disguise) by the terrible new official MITS, back near the start of the season - when I still used to read that once-mighty, now flaccid column of the Pink Un.

In short - this is (sometimes) classic verbal intercourse... "so, thanks!".

Compared with the offical message board from which I defected some months back, this is a 100% better. The only gripe I have is the amount of abuse given to someone for expressing his or her opinion. For example: I posted a while ago that I get frustrated with Chris Martin, I personally consider him quite lazy, at times uninterested & arrogant. Now because of my low post count & releative newness to this board I''m shot down in flames, abused & offered threats of physical violence. Even though I''m 37 years old & have not missed a game home or away in the last twenty years, I''m treated like a newby who knows nothing.

All posters are entitled to their opinions in regards to the Club, Board, Players, Mangement & style of play etc. Just because you don''t agree with it doesnt make it wrong or warrant abuse!!! 

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Can I just say in balance that this is even more entertaining these days than when I last used to follow it closely a year or two ago. I''ve also noticed a WOTB element which is new, but to balance that there is a high % of quality posters around. And there always were people who couldn''t spell, or debate reasonably or without insults, etc. In fact some of the best moments I''ve read have been well-aimed, well-earned humorous digs at excessive. It''s been nice to read a completely new (to me) angle on a current team debate, or see a rather sweet ''reminiscithread'', or an intense and occasionally surprisingly well-informed and thoughtful political debate, or a genuine piece of revealing inside information (as opposed to made-up/media-stoked stuff about transfers, or our manager''s supposed plans to move on), or just a well funny one-off comment. It''s even apparently turned into a forum for what you might call quite effective ''investigative posterism'', of sorts. Who''d have thought it! And the standard of swearing isn''t so awful as all that, considering it''s partly self-moderated now. I haven''t seen many posts containing much worse language than what I saw used (somewhat shockingly and with no attempt at self-irony, or inventive spelling disguise) by the terrible new official MITS, back near the start of the season - when I still used to read that once-mighty, now flaccid column of the Pink Un. In short - this is (sometimes) classic verbal intercourse... "so, thanks!".[/quote]

Are you sure you''ve landed on the right Board?