Sign in to follow this  
yossarian

From Guardian Football site - very good.

Keane was never ever gonna cut it as a manager. Churning out magnificent performance after magnicifent performance at the very top level does not leave one with much time to consider the more subtle tactical elements of the game.

Maintaining almost psychotic levels of intensity throughout game after game makes you a winner - as a player. Such an admirable yet freakish mental approach to winning a game of football made keane a truly wonderful player - and it , in my humble opinion, is excactly what will continue to prevent him ever making it as a manager. Rumour has it that many of the Ipswich squad are shit scared of him. Not a difficult rumour to believe is it?

Having said all that as a Norwich boy with yella and green wee-wee I hope he sticks at it. Our manager has also got a champions league winners medal , he could "look after himself" on the pitch too - just like mad-roy. I just suspect that mad-roy was so massively "fired-up?" as a player he really can''t relate to the 99.9% of todays players who are not. Keane - better player. Lambert - better manager. Ipswich - going down. Norwich - going up.

The only thing I''d take issue with is whether Keane was a better player than Lambert. More physical, yes, but in terms of quality?

[quote user="Beauseant"]The only thing I''d take issue with is whether Keane was a better player than Lambert. More physical, yes, but in terms of quality?[/quote]Usually B you are someone whose opinions I cannot fault. This however is a prize example of yellow tinted specs.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Beauseant"]The only thing I''d take issue with is whether Keane was a better player than Lambert. More physical, yes, but in terms of quality?[/quote]

Usually B you are someone whose opinions I cannot fault. This however is a prize example of yellow tinted specs.
[/quote]

[:D] Ok it''s a fair cop. I was hoping to hook the odd lurking binner, but there don''t seem to be so many on here this season. Can''t for the life of me think why that might be.....

Totally OT but from the same website and absolutely brilliant:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2010/feb/23/jose-mourinho-return-chelsea-gallery

Lambert was a fantastic player. He won as many European Cups as Keane. But he was not quite in Keane''s class. No doubt who is the superior manager though.....