Sign in to follow this  
eddy melito

Cowlings latest statement!

[quote user="eddy melito"]up until the lambert incident, there was a bit of an undercurrent of feeling that he was only at the club as west ham werent available and that when push came to shove he may well be off. since then hes opened up a bit and shown us all how hurt he was by that incident and how much he cares about the club. hes becoming a bit of a legend really. his comments have been inflamatory at times but i think its through passion more than malice.[/quote]I still think he''s the type to fuck you over at the drop of a hat though.

Thats boosted my opinion of him somewhat actually, I respect he had a laugh about himself and the fact he said "me" wasn''t his ego then IMO, it was his acknowledgement that he''d talked up the game a lot and possibyl could have upset his own fans, however, they stuck by him as fans should, so he thanked them.

Fair play to him IMO.

As for 7-6, I thought it was good banter lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="eddy melito"]up until the lambert incident, there was a bit of an undercurrent of feeling that he was only at the club as west ham werent available and that when push came to shove he may well be off. since then hes opened up a bit and shown us all how hurt he was by that incident and how much he cares about the club. hes becoming a bit of a legend really. his comments have been inflamatory at times but i think its through passion more than malice.[/quote]

I still think he''s the type to fuck you over at the drop of a hat though.
[/quote]

i realy dont think he will anymore. he seems to love being at the helm of a football club, hes a local man (has lived in tiptree for at least a decade) and i really think he is growing to love the club itself.

lambert on the other hand has a history of moving on when a bigger offer comes along [:#]

[quote user="eddy melito"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="eddy melito"]up until the lambert incident, there was a bit of an undercurrent of feeling that he was only at the club as west ham werent available and that when push came to shove he may well be off. since then hes opened up a bit and shown us all how hurt he was by that incident and how much he cares about the club. hes becoming a bit of a legend really. his comments have been inflamatory at times but i think its through passion more than malice.[/quote]I still think he''s the type to fuck you over at the drop of a hat though.[/quote]

i realy dont think he will anymore. he seems to love being at the helm of a football club, hes a local man (has lived in tiptree for at least a decade) and i really think he is growing to love the club itself.

lambert on the other hand has a history of moving on when a bigger offer comes along [:#]

[/quote]Oh dear, you were doing so well up until that last line too.[:)]

He''s only done it once - that''s not really a ''history of moving on when a bigger offer comes along''. That''s not to say he won''t do it again of course but until (if) he does I don''t think that''s a fair comment.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]He''s only done it once - that''s not really a ''history of moving on when a bigger offer comes along''. That''s not to say he won''t do it again of course but until (if) he does I don''t think that''s a fair comment.
[/quote]

thats one more time than cowling has moved on.

[quote user="eddy melito"]

i realy dont think he will anymore. he seems to love being at the helm of a football club, hes a local man (has lived in tiptree for at least a decade) and i really think he is growing to love the club itself.[/quote]

Do you not feel that Cowling''s constant comments to the media helped only one team on Saturday, and that was us? Somehow I feel that your team may well have performed better in an unhyped game in front of about 6000 people.

And if his rallying cries were to encourage more people to watch CUFC, hasn''t that backfired now following the result?

[quote user="claud"][quote user="eddy melito"]

i realy dont think he will anymore. he seems to love being at the helm of a football club, hes a local man (has lived in tiptree for at least a decade) and i really think he is growing to love the club itself.[/quote]

Do you not feel that Cowling''s constant comments to the media helped only one team on Saturday, and that was us? Somehow I feel that your team may well have performed better in an unhyped game in front of about 6000 people.

And if his rallying cries were to encourage more people to watch CUFC, hasn''t that backfired now following the result?

[/quote]

i dont think his comments made any difference on the pitch to be honest. that was down to sunday league defending mainly. in hindsight perhaps he wouldnt do it quite so blatently again, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. if the game had have been a hard fought 1-1 draw then i guess it would have worked. we will see in the future what effect it will have on crowds in the long run as it is.

was it really constant comments to the media though? i only really read 1 or maybe 2 sets of quotes, but saw it rehashed into about 8 or 9 articles on different websites etc. 

they may well have played better in front of less people, we will never know, but if you never strive to increase your fanbase or fill the stadium, then you might as well all go home really. cowlings long term plan is to make colchester into a sustainable championship club through maximising revenue streams outside of just tickets, filling the ground (more school partnerships and comunity schemes etc than ever before).

hes also got the go ahead to build a training facility which we have never had before. that is a suprisingly high priority for quite a few players even though the facilities they currently use within the garrison are pretty decent.

[quote user="eddy melito"]cowlings long term plan is to make colchester into a sustainable championship club through maximising revenue streams outside of just tickets, filling the ground (more school partnerships and comunity schemes etc than ever before).

[/quote]

Interesting to note that the club have reduced their funding to CUCST this year, expecting more of the revenue for Shrub End, Women''s setup, the ACP and the Community projects to be funded by grants, rather than the club. Whilst the CUCST team at Shrub End maybe able to cope the danger with the lack of guaranteed income is the longer term effect and risk to the continuation of community projects. I know they''ve pulled a number of projects out of the tendring area and had to take a hit on third-party funding for the non-elite projects. I think this is something that Norwich did well a decade ago with the community projects and our FITC team are amongst the best at what they do in the country and (combined with decent ticket pricing) this has no doubt contributed to the increase we''ve seen in season ticket holders, but its definately a long term plan

[quote user="Lambo"]Thats boosted my opinion of him somewhat actually, I respect he had a laugh about himself and the fact he said "me" wasn''t his ego then IMO, it was his acknowledgement that he''d talked up the game a lot and possibyl could have upset his own fans, however, they stuck by him as fans should, so he thanked them.

Fair play to him IMO.

I assume that you are on a wind-up mission.

As for 7-6, I thought it was good banter lol.[/quote]

Well, my first ever game was a 5 - 1 home mauling by Forest. Didn''t stop me becoming a life long fan. Though thinking about it I must be a sado masachist - perhaps most fans are!

What a sad man. What he has hoped to achieve over the last few months I guess we can all speculate on, but if it''s promoting his supposed football club in the best of lights, he''s failed miserably.

After visiting the wonderous new stadium and seeing the state of the pitch I think Mr Cowling has a lot of work to do to convince many people that Col U are a team on the up. Layer Road had far more style. The issues over Lambert no doubt will go on and on....and he''ll get his precious compensation in the end. Best spend it on re doing the pitch and finishing off the stadium - oh and a few defenders wouldn''t go amiss.

Paul Lambert is better off out of it, as has been proved. Working with Cowling must have been taxing to put it mildly.

Never mind Robbie, just think of all those new fans you have. Best make sure they turn up next time with the correct tickets. Oh and a little managerial tip, you and Glenn Roeder would be a match made in heaven.