Sign in to follow this  
rocky marshall

Lambert to Reading/QPR

[quote user="CabbageArmy"]

Shutup you f*kn idiot whoever started this thread!

Why are you contemplating weather our manager is gunna go after half a season?

YOUR A MUG!

[/quote]But what do you really think ?

[quote user="Buckethead"]Whatever his abilities, he hasn''t actually been anywhere long enough to build up much of a managerial cv yet. If he were to leave another club at short notice after a short period of employment he''d probably be more likely to do his reputation more harm than good whatever the offer. If all we are is a stepping stone then IMO Lambert has to stay with us at least two years to generate some managerial experience and a bit of managerial form upon which to negotiate his next step up the ladder. Personally I think that may be at the back of his mind but only as a safeguard since I believe he genuinely sees the potential at this club and can envisage the possibility of taking the next step (Champs level)  at least with us.
So long as (and being us it''s quite a caveat) but so long as he gets adequate backing from the board I can see him being here for quite a while yet and that should suit us all.
[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote user="Buckethead"]Whatever his abilities, he hasn''t actually been anywhere long enough to build up much of a managerial cv yet. If he were to leave another club at short notice after a short period of employment he''d probably be more likely to do his reputation more harm than good whatever the offer. If all we are is a stepping stone then IMO Lambert has to stay with us at least two years to generate some managerial experience and a bit of managerial form upon which to negotiate his next step up the ladder. Personally I think that may be at the back of his mind but only as a safeguard since I believe he genuinely sees the potential at this club and can envisage the possibility of taking the next step (Champs level)  at least with us.
So long as (and being us it''s quite a caveat) but so long as he gets adequate backing from the board I can see him being here for quite a while yet and that should suit us all.
[/quote]

Agree 100%