Sign in to follow this  
Stany

Raise Money for King's Lynn

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Apathy FC"]Ah right, I might have seen you play then. Originating from that neck of the woods I visited the Walks many times during the 80''s and 90''s...[/quote]

[/quote]

The 80s was a nice time to be at the club. We were at a decent level in the Southern Prem and were still largely using Norfolk players and consequently getting good crowds because people could relate to the likes of Freddie Easthall and Chrissie Watts. Unfortunately the club has slowly moved away from that and I think that it''s been a major factor in what''s gone on (allied with bloody awful directors!).

That said, the club will rise again and hopefully be much more community orientated.

[/quote]

Before anybody asks Chrissie Watts is PC Watts of Norfolk Police the former football liason officer for Norwich City.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Apathy FC"]Ah right, I might have seen you play then. Originating from that neck of the woods I visited the Walks many times during the 80''s and 90''s...[/quote]

[/quote]

The 80s was a nice time to be at the club. We were at a decent level in the Southern Prem and were still largely using Norfolk players and consequently getting good crowds because people could relate to the likes of Freddie Easthall and Chrissie Watts. Unfortunately the club has slowly moved away from that and I think that it''s been a major factor in what''s gone on (allied with bloody awful directors!).

That said, the club will rise again and hopefully be much more community orientated.

[/quote]

Before anybody asks Chrissie Watts is PC Watts of Norfolk Police the former football liason officer for Norwich City.

[/quote]

Sorry to gainsay you Tilly, but I think there may be some confusion. I know two Chris Watts from my time at Lynn.I think the guy you''re referring too was a big centre back, but the one I played with was a little midfielder/defender who sadly died in 2006 from motor neurone disease ( I''ve dredged up the announcement from the KLFC site). Hopefully the other Chris is still with us?

Chris Watts
It is with great sadness that the club heard of the death of Chris Watts.
Chris made over 480 appearances for Lynn between 1978 and 1987 and was Player of the Year on two occasions. His enthusiasm for the game was admirable and infectious. Our
condolences and thoughts go to Chris'' wife Pat and his family at this sad time. A full list of Chris'' appearances can be found in the Archive here.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry to gainsay you Tilly, but I think there may be some confusion. I know two Chris Watts from my time at Lynn.I think the guy you''re referring too was a big centre back, but the one I played with was a little midfielder/defender who sadly died in 2006 from motor neurone disease ( I''ve dredged up the announcement from the KLFC site). Hopefully the other Chris is still with us?

Chris Watts
It is with great sadness that the club heard of the death of Chris Watts.
Chris made over 480 appearances for Lynn between 1978 and 1987 and was Player of the Year on two occasions. His enthusiasm for the game was admirable and infectious. Our
condolences and thoughts go to Chris'' wife Pat and his family at this sad time. A full list of Chris'' appearances can be found in the Archive here.

[/quote]

Pc Chris Watts aka "the Beast" was indeed a centre back so it is obviously CW 2 that i was talking about Beau.He was stationed at Lynn before moving to Norwich.