Sign in to follow this  
Stany

Raise Money for King's Lynn

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I''d sooner we had a collection for Paul Lambert''s January transfer fund to be honest.
[/quote]

Here, absolutely here, they mean bugger all to me!

My experience of Lynn is that a good number of their supporters hate us, cheer when we are losing and generally have an inflated opinion that they are our rivals somehow.  Lynn have a respectable support by non-league standards but, come on.....[8-)]

Having said that i`d probably chuck in a fiver for the sake of their more reasonable supporters.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Having said that i`d probably chuck in a fiver for the sake of their more reasonable supporters.

[/quote]

I thought you refused to put any money into our own club when you considered the board had messed up[:O]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Just to illustrate my point I reproduce below a post on the Lynn fans forum by leading scorer Anthony Robinson. While it''s not very articulate it gives a bit of insight into how the players feel.

In regards to that mate if I stayed another week and it folded again, Id have to miss the 12th and the next which could b b4 xmas or boxing day 2 games I would have missed last week and this week and b back, I got a family i have not being paid through my ban and xmas coming up and still not bein paid from durham, hw many weeks has that being and What pisses me off chinny promised me an certain players things I member the exact phn call ( look robbo im gona give u this money not a issue to me I deal with loads of money) So the things I agread have nt got, Stores never got what he wanted cheagues bouncing like they got springs in them chasing him dwn 4 bonuses and what made me laugh players had cheaques 4 £100 bounce. So hw the hell have club got the money in there account to sort things out  £200,000 to clear us out the water I knew when the gaffa said chinnys phnd me he said it was sorted, He said that last week and we got wound up so when Gaffa said its not that easy to wire money through I knew somthing was wrong. Stores gave me a miss call as soon as I called bk I said what now he said shocking we got to find a club gone bk into liquidation , Hw could we it was never paid, Dave ur a good guy but whats gona happen is If u come on here saying u got a plan there gona put u in the same league as chinny and Bob  me personally id not say nothing to them because I knw u different but these don,t, ppl here are  remote controlled puppet controlled by the pupertier, We was told if not sorted we can slate the board and thats what im doing and im bein mild  it may end my lynn carear but if u keep quite u wnt be heard and ur mouths were designed to talk . If we do stay why dnt the club bk date players for games they have missed and then mayb club show loyalty the players will but u cnt expect players to wait, miss money from another club then fold thats not on
[/quote]Can someone translate?  I can''t get past the first line or two.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

My experience of Lynn is that a good number of their supporters hate us, cheer when we are losing and generally have an inflated opinion that they are our rivals somehow.  Lynn have a respectable support by non-league standards but, come on.....[8-)]

[/quote]

Yes and there are also KL fans who support and are ST holders at NCFC

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I''d sooner we had a collection for Paul Lambert''s January transfer fund to be honest.
[/quote]

to right im not from around the norwich area so i couldn''t give a jon ross about kings lynn

No real news developments today, other than those reported earlier, but here''s one of the more articulate posts on the fans'' forum. I think it probably tells anyone thinking of making any sort of contribution to the current regime everything they need to know. If people want to help they can donate to the Blue and Gold Trust (ie the supporters'' trust ) by clicking on the donate button of the home page at www.thelinnets.co.uk .

Well we''ve had one week of being tied to this forum and searching desperately for any information about what the hell is happening to our beloved club, and we''ve just begun the second week.

Yesterday we were led to believe that the club was saved and things would return to normal this Saturday.

Then this morning we wake up to the news that still none of the debt has been paid, the players haven''t been paid, Chinn is threatening to walk because he''s so "fed up" [get the violins out bless him... NOT!  Who got us into this mess????  ranting]
and worse than that he''s told Heggsy and the lads they are free to leave for other clubs!

Why are we, the fans, still sitting here and taking this ****?  We have been lied to again and again by Chinn (remember the offer of a lawyer to contest last season''s demotion decision?  and now this...) and Bobbins ("it''s all in hand").  They have one of the best young managers in non league football and have treated him and the players shamefully.  They don''t tell us anything, we are the ones that keep the club going and they treat us with utter contempt and disregard.  They have failed to pay our tax bill and run up a huge debt without telling anyone anything until its too late.  And now our chairman is on holiday!!!!!!

I''m sorry but all those who have said on here that Ken Bobbins has the best interests of the club at heart, I just don''t believe you.  If he genuinely had the interests of the club at heart, it would have been run within its means, records would have been properly kept (I mean how can you not know how much you owe and to whom!!  In a business the size of KLFC!!) and more recently he would have come out and said much earlier what was going on and appealed for help while there was still time.  And, quite frankly, resigned.  He and Chinn are only interested in themselves, they kept everyone in the dark until it was too late presumably because of their own pride or because they didn''t want anyone to come in and buy out their shares.

The people with the best interests of the club at heart are the fans, the players and the manager, and they have been totally disregarded.  Us, the players and Heggsy have shown unfaltering loyalty to the club and it just gets thrown back in our faces.  The arrogance of Ken Bobbins is unbelievable, I don''t know how he dares to show his face in the press I really don''t.

Whatever happens, those two have to be booted out as soon as possible for the sake of King''s Lynn Football Club!!!!!!  We, the fans, have to make a pledge that we will never allow this to happen again!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant  but this has been bottled up all day  furious3  Feel better now!

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]

[/quote]

So would I.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t.....

CORRECTION

The button for donations to the supporters trust is on the Linnets Forum page not the home page as I said in an earlier post. Go to www.thelinnets.co.uk ,click on Fans Forums tab then click on Linnets Forum.

It''s also probably worth clarifying the 7 day stay of execution. The club wasn''t granted more time because of anything new that they''d come up with, it was simply a case of their not being enough time for the case to be heard this Wednesday.

[quote user="Apathy FC"]Just made a donation. Beau, when did you play for the Linnets?[/quote]

Played for the reserves as a schoolboy in the early 70s and then returned and played for the first team in the mid 80s.

[quote user="Apathy FC"]Ah right, I might have seen you play then. Originating from that neck of the woods I visited the Walks many times during the 80''s and 90''s...[/quote]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Apathy FC"]Ah right, I might have seen you play then. Originating from that neck of the woods I visited the Walks many times during the 80''s and 90''s...[/quote]

[/quote]

The 80s was a nice time to be at the club. We were at a decent level in the Southern Prem and were still largely using Norfolk players and consequently getting good crowds because people could relate to the likes of Freddie Easthall and Chrissie Watts. Unfortunately the club has slowly moved away from that and I think that it''s been a major factor in what''s gone on (allied with bloody awful directors!).

That said, the club will rise again and hopefully be much more community orientated.

True, I remember the Bristol Rovers (and later on) Rotherham cup games well. The club has always had a good following both home and away, definitely up there with the best in non league.

Perhaps a fresh start in the Ridgeons will eventually propel the club to a level they deserve to be.

I see no reason why the town couldn''t support a Conference National or even a league club within the next few years?

The potential is definitely there, the 5,500 gate against Oldham showed that.

But, as you say the whole set up of the club needs to be reorganised. Get rid of Dobbins and playboy Chinn and replace them with upright, honest people who actually support the club. Hopefully the Blue & Gold trust will be up to the task!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Will there be buckets for the Blue & Gold Trust at tomorrows'' match ?  If nothing else, it would give them a platform to start again from.
[/quote]

Indeed, you need to start somewhere

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Not really interested in raising money for KL. As somebody previously said, I''d rather put some money in to help us strengthen in January.[/quote]

I always try to put the shoe on the other foot, if it was NCFC I would hope that people, regardless of interest would dig deep.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Which position did you play Mr B?[/quote]

I was a diminutive striker Macca, as Chris Lakey (and now Pete) never fail to remind me![:D]