Sign in to follow this  
bundo

Chris Lakey Man of the Match - again!

I sse from todays EDP that Chris Lakey has again given Gary Doherty man of the match. Yes I agree Doherty is playing a lot better but this I feel is down to 2 reasons, firstly he''s found his level in division 1 and secondly the covering of his defensive partners Askou and Drury. Can Mr Lakey seriously say that Doherty played better last night than Drury, Hoolihan, Russell, Smith and Holt - I don''t think so!

[quote user="bundo"]I sse from todays EDP that Chris Lakey has again given Gary Doherty man of the match. Yes I agree Doherty is playing a lot better but this I feel is down to 2 reasons, firstly he''s found his level in division 1 and secondly the covering of his defensive partners Askou and Drury. Can Mr Lakey seriously say that Doherty played better last night than Drury, Hoolihan, Russell, Smith and Holt - I don''t think so![/quote]

Personally I''d give it to Askou.  I thought he was immense last night.

[quote user="bundo"]I sse from todays EDP that Chris Lakey has again given Gary Doherty man of the match. Yes I agree Doherty is playing a lot better but this I feel is down to 2 reasons, firstly he''s found his level in division 1 and secondly the covering of his defensive partners Askou and Drury. Can Mr Lakey seriously say that Doherty played better last night than Drury, Hoolihan, Russell, Smith and Holt - I don''t think so![/quote]Matter of opinion. He was certaionly very solid at the back for us, I can understand why some might give him man of the match. Certainly I would have given it to him ahead of Drury, Hoolihan and Russell last night. Although I may have given it to Askou, thought he was equally solid.