Sign in to follow this  
Blofield Canary

Yesterdays pitch

Can''t remember the last time I have watched us play on a surface as poor as the one yesterday. Should be a good practice for the cup game but in all honesty i expect Paultons pitch to be better than Stockports.

If you have to watch football played on a surface like that every week you can understand why they get crowds less than 5000, you couldn''t pay a passing game on that if you were  the Brazillian national side.

[quote user="jbghost"]

Can''t remember the last time I have watched us play on a surface as poor as the one yesterday. Should be a good practice for the cup game but in all honesty i expect Paultons pitch to be better than Stockports.

If you have to watch football played on a surface like that every week you can understand why they get crowds less than 5000, you couldn''t pay a passing game on that if you were  the Brazillian national side.

[/quote]

Plenty of pitches like that in this Division and they''ll get worse in the second half of the season - quagmires through the middle.We''ll be needing a couple of pacey wide men come January.

[quote user="Shyster"]Plenty of pitches like that in this Division and they''ll get worse in the second half of the season - quagmires through the middle.We''ll be needing a couple of pacey wide men come January.[/quote]There won''t be many as bad as the one we played on yesterday if any this season, the diamond system just wasn''t designed for that kind of pitch, if we are to come up against another pitch of that standard we''re going to need to change the system and the way we play, there is no way we''re going to be play able to play the ball through midfield.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Shyster"]Plenty of pitches like that in this Division and they''ll get worse in the second half of the season - quagmires through the middle.We''ll be needing a couple of pacey wide men come January.[/quote]There won''t be many as bad as the one we played on yesterday if any this season, the diamond system just wasn''t designed for that kind of pitch, if we are to come up against another pitch of that standard we''re going to need to change the system and the way we play, there is no way we''re going to be play able to play the ball through midfield.[/quote]

I suppose it largely depends on the winter weather as to how pitches are going to fair.How many clubs in this Division have under soil heating?

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Bad pitch or not, it''s the same for both sides so i''ve never really excepted this as an excuse.[/quote]

You''ve obviously never played the game.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Bad pitch or not, it''s the same for both sides so i''ve never really excepted this as an excuse.[/quote]

I played for Norwich at U15''s and we were taught to play the passing game. When we went to places like Milwall it used to be an awful surface. Althought we were the better footballing side the pitch was a complete leveller.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Shyster"]

Plenty of pitches like that in this Division and they''ll get worse in the second half of the season - quagmires through the middle.

We''ll be needing a couple of pacey wide men come January.
[/quote]
There won''t be many as bad as the one we played on yesterday if any this season, the diamond system just wasn''t designed for that kind of pitch, if we are to come up against another pitch of that standard we''re going to need to change the system and the way we play, there is no way we''re going to be play able to play the ball through midfield.

[/quote]

I suppose it largely depends on the winter weather as to how pitches are going to fair.

How many clubs in this Division have under soil heating?
[/quote]

Not many if any I would think, NC were pretty much ahead of most when we had the undersoil drainage and heating put in.