Sign in to follow this  
SS

Well done for not backing off

Got to say, well done to the players and management for not backing off after we went a few games up. Most managers would have held the team back after the first couple of goals but Lambert kept them going to the last minute. Good to see, and a great example to other clubs in how to beat lower leagues teams in the cup. Also good to see hulahoop being recommended for Ireland.

Liam Miller is in the squad.

Surely Hoolahan deserves a chance over some bloke who''s claim to fame is a couple of utterly woeful seasons at Man Utd.....

[quote user="Captain Holt"]

Liam Miller is in the squad.

Surely Hoolahan deserves a chance over some bloke who''s claim to fame is a couple of utterly woeful seasons at Man Utd.....

[/quote]I don''t remember Hoolahan''s two year spell at the world''s biggest club, so I''ll just have to assume that Ferguson (and all the other top level coaches) missed Wes''s potential and missed the boat when it came to signing him.Seriously, an international recommendation after watching us play a team five divisions lower?? Maybe if he plays this well at Championship level he''ll get a chance.

He''s already played under trappatoni last year,sent a lovely ball through to set up what i think was robbie keane to score which was frustraitng to see at the time as he wasn''t producing at carra rud.

I really dont rate the lad, yes he has a football brain and yes he always wants the ball but that doesnt make him a good footballer.

He gives the ball away a hell of alot more than he should.

The commentor yesterday mentioned him playing in centre midfield against France, could you honestly imagine him again Partrick Vieria??

Does Viera play for them anymore?Hoolahan is great at what he does, he creates things, he knows what to do, and have you watched Ireland, i think they could do with a player like him, at least as an option....

[quote user="SS"]Got to say, well done to the players and management for not backing off after we went a few games up. Most managers would have held the team back after the first couple of goals but Lambert kept them going to the last minute. Good to see, and a great example to other clubs in how to beat lower leagues teams in the cup. Also good to see hulahoop being recommended for Ireland.
[/quote]

goals [;)]?