Sign in to follow this  
DiOn4pM

Diving....?

Just noticed it creeping into our game a bit. For example against Paulton Martin went down very easily a few times. And also against Swindon Hoolahan went down in their box, not appreciated by the Swindon players. Sitting in the N & P i couldnt really see what happened. Has anyone else noticed this?

Sadly a fact of life in the modern game, I wish refs would be tougher to stamp it out.  Some of the theatrical behaviour in the Premiership is frankly embarassing with all that writhing around like your leg has been chopped off one minute then 30 seconds later being up and sprinting about again.

Yeah, look at Drogba 6 ft plus getting knocked over by the likes of Defoe and Lennon and rolling around as if he has been shot!! This is not as bad in leage one but i fear that it could be making its way down the football league.

Players wouldn''t need to dive if ref''s blew for fouls, even when the player stays on his feet. When a player does stay on his feet, he doesn''t get a foul, hence they''re effectively forced to do it, otherwise the other team can foul with impunity.

I hate diving but most of the time on Saturday Martin avoided injury or the oppo getting carded by taking some light footed evasive action. I sometimes think it''s easy to confuse this with diving. He was always up on his feet a second later. Didn''t exactly milk it like Drogba.