Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

the final sign that green will get transferred.

not sure if anyone else has said this yet but the twin statements of green saying he would be a ''sacrificial lamb'' if needed combined with worthy''s open appeal to sign ashton is the final nail in the green-transfer-saga coffin.

those were some fairly direct statements about intent and inevitability and the timing of them was also an indication that a deal may be complete.

i really don''t know if it''s the right move or not. i just hope, whatever happens, that it was the right choice.

green will not go cause he loves this club and who will he go to man u no carrol going to sign a new contract , Arsenal they have two half decent keepers and arsene wenger said he didn''t want to sign a keeper and boro they have schwarzer and he said that he is going to sign a new contract and why would he go just to sit on the bench. tell me that also worthy said that he is not going to sell him unless a silly offer comes through and a silly offer is about 8-9 mill .

He certainly kept us in the game again today - wonder if Ward or Gallacher would of kept us in it? If the offer for 4-5million comes in I am afraid he will go.

Why would Green want to go to another club at this point in the season? If he goes to any other club who are guaranteed to stay in the Premiership, he wouldn''t be guaranteed selection, and if he didn''t get to play his England ambitions would be dead in the water. And he''s hardly likely to consider going to a borderline Premiership club, when there''s still a chance that Norwich will stay up. Of course if we get relegated, he will go, but otherwise he would have to be pushed.

My opinion remains that this deal has long since been sealed but requires final negotiation before signing. Green to Arsenal in exchange for Bentley and some cash...enough to put together with what we already have in order to secure Ashton ( we also need a good central defender that can take charge in the middle&nbsp. There appears to be something in the works at Arsenal as even the German newspapers are strongly reporting Lehman will be on the move to that country. He is 35 and Arsenal need replacement as they only have one experienced goaltender, who is currently handling first team responsibility.

This would be a good deal for Norwich even if we did not survive in the Premiership. We need to start building around young talent in order for the future to be bright. Obviously our present goalkeeping would suffer a little but, as time develops, we have young Joe Lewis in development. If this goes as I expect it will, we will have a roaring enterprise at Carrow Road over the next two to three years. If If this scenario should develop then it''s hats of to the whole Norwich management group. It sure feels good that there is ownership present that is on the same side as the fans. Of course, some fans, being fickle, often can''t see beyond their next cup of coffee. Oh well...OTBC 

"It sure feels good that there is ownership present that is on the same side as the fans. Of course, some fans, being fickle, often can''t see beyond their next cup of coffee."

You surely don''t mean all those fans whose many recent (almost identical) threads huff and puff and spit feathers along the lines of "what the hell is the board/the management/Worthington doing/saying/playing at (delete as appropriate)"? Don''t worry about it - it''s TWS (transfer window syndrome), and they get very irritable, but they''ll be right as pie in February. For a while. Possibly.