Sign in to follow this  
super dave

A view from the directors box

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="super dave"]Otsemobor was up to his usual tricks again. Both goals came from players he should have been marking and had lost. He seems so disintertested at times and on many occasions Lambert was screaming instructions across to him. He surely must be drinking in the last chance saloon.[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the second Charlton goal came from a cross from Drury''s side of our defence. So how can you blame Otsemobor?

[/quote]Because the ball was delivered to the far post, and because the player who scored it drifted in from Semis'' position.

When Drury went down, it wasn''t miles away from the ball, so if you were watching the game surely you would have noticed the challenge. Secondly, he was down in the Left Back position, so it is more than likely to be Drury. Just a couple of pointers to look out for. Having said that I am not one to take cheap shots anyone, so what if he didn''t know who it was! The way some people are reacting it''s like she has not recognised who the manager is!!

[quote user="T"]

[quote user="super dave"]
Otsemobor was up to his usual tricks again. Both goals came from players he should have been marking and had lost. He seems so disintertested at times and on many occasions Lambert was screaming instructions across to him. He surely must be drinking in the last chance saloon.

[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the second Charlton goal came from a cross from Drury''s side of our defence. So how can you blame Otsemobor?

[/quote]

The cross was from Drurys flank but it was a tame cross with no pace on it at all.  It was crossed directly towards Ots who only had to flick the ball backwards to make it safe - it was his ball,   but somehow Ots lost the ball and reacted only when he saw Shelvey go past him allowing Shelvey a free header - the pic in the sun goals section has Jon jumping to looks as if he is challenging but he is not close enough to even look like winning the header.  It was typical far post defending but  the doziest right back we have had - and like the opener entirely preventable by any defender with a modicum of concentration and committment 

[quote user="Hollywood Canary"]How tall do you want a centre half to be out of interest? Considering you say Spillane (6"2'') is let down by his height. Although I agree that I would rather he played at full back - just to get Otsemobor out of the side![/quote]

That 8ft 1 inch Turkish guy could come in handy. Mind you, he might have some mobility problems, given that he was photographed in the papers last week leaning on crutches!