Sign in to follow this  
MPR

Anyone else annoyed at bookings?

Over the last few games we''ve seen the first foul by our chaps punished with a theatrically flourished yellow card while the "established" players are let off with a wink and a nod. Dyer sticks his studs in Bentley''s thigh and gets nowt, Fleming clips Bellamy and gets yellow carded. Quite how Edmand(?) got away with not getting booked when he clattered Bentley I don''t know.

I am MPR!  Mendes and Redknapp each had two plus bookable fouls greeted with a ''now don''t do that again, there''s a good chap!'', and Flem and Charlie get done for the first little hint of anything.  I know the Spuds guys did get booked in the end, but it doesn''t seem like a level playing field at all in terms of what is and isn''t overlooked depending on who you are.  Still, we were warned by lots of fans of so-called less fashionable clubs that this would be the case so I guess we should expect it.  Doesn''t make it easy to swallow though, does it?

Yes indeed, MPR: about 30,000 Spurs fans were considerably p''ed off with the ref for substantial parts of the match for what they saw as a string of unfavourable decisions against them.  I know they were because I was sitting amongst them!  All in all the ref wasn''t exactly having a great game...

It was also funny that whenever one or several of our boys pulled off a great tackle or interception the TH fans would tut and put it down to their own players'' mistakes, as if it couldn''t possibly be down to our skill - as everyone knows, we''re just a Div 1 team in the wrong division!  It''s always very revealing, sitting with the other half.  To be fair though they did generously acknowledge Green''s triumphs to themselves.

Just a bit of info gleaned from the Spurs programme. 12 year Premiership comparison 6 games Spurs 7 yellow cards Canaries 4, before yesterday.

[quote]I am MPR! Mendes and Redknapp each had two plus bookable fouls greeted with a ''now don''t do that again, there''s a good chap!'', and Flem and Charlie get done for the first little hint of anything. I ...[/quote]

Agree Suzie

They said for years "Jamie Redknapp, injury nightmare, such shame for a player of his talent"
I''ve never liked hearing that, because all he does in a game, is go in two footed on everyone, he deserves all the injuries he gets for the lack of respect he shows others on the field. That was why I was so incensed when Charlton was booked for a totally innocuous challenge, but as you say we are a less fashionable club and we will have to get used to decisions like that week after week. If either him or Mendes had been booked in the first half, then it may have changed the game to some extent, in that they would have had to curb their game somewhat to prevent a red card and therefore giving our players greater freedom.