Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

How long does Lambert have.....?

Downloads there are more than enough games for us to get promoted. I don''t think that anything less than promotion is satisfactory.

Of course there are enough games. But what if Leeds and Charlton keep winning too? You are saying winning a play off is mandatory?

So if they both continue to play really well for the rest of the season, even if we pick our game up immediately, which will be unlikely... its unacceptable not to finish above them even still?

Both teams finished below us last year, in what was the worst season of my lifetime - I don''t see how we can say that doing even worse this year is acceptable.Consolidation is not satisfactory.

It''s not impossible obviously, but it''s not likely we will finish above them either. You seen the betting?

I would have said at the start with Gunn that not gaining promotion was not acceptable after he bought his team, but you are expecting Lambert to come in and turn a team round imemdiately so we can catch 8 points up on the 2 biggest rivals in this league, our current form being what it is and with Lambert unlikely to be given any funds to make purchases of his choice, unless we have lots more money than we are letting on.

My feeling is, if you are expecting automatic promotion now, prepare yourself for dissapointment.

[quote user="Downloads"]Just to say... i don''t think it will be acceptable. But i won''t be puting the blame on Lambert either.[/quote]He knew that was the job when he accepted the post; he has got a season less 3 games to achieve it. This year is his best chance - it will be harder rather than easier after it. He was appointed because he was on good terms with the CEO rather than his record. Both now have to prove themselves.

I certainly haven''t read that promotion is the only option, but i haven''t read everything and i doubt if you speak to people now, that you will find many expecting us to get promoted now, it''s more hoping we do.

Think thats the 1 year deal. We won''t get saddled paying out a lot and he won''t get saddled managing a team with no money - relying on Foulger handouts.

Agree its our best chance is this year as we may lose a couple of players if we don''t go up, but i felt it was our best year at the start, not now, i think next year is our best chance now.

Here''s hoping for an immediate Saturday turn around though! [B]

[quote user="Downloads"]

I certainly haven''t read that promotion is the only option, but i haven''t read everything and i doubt if you speak to people now, that you will find many expecting us to get promoted now, it''s more hoping we do.

[/quote]

You may be right about what most people expect - this could help but it''s depressing that people should give up so quickly. Ipswich have a similar points total to us - I can''t believe Roy Keene has given up on promotion!

[quote user="Downloads"]

Think thats the 1 year deal. We won''t get saddled paying out a lot and he won''t get saddled managing a team with no money - relying on Foulger handouts.

Agree its our best chance is this year as we may lose a couple of players if we don''t go up, but i felt it was our best year at the start, not now, i think next year is our best chance now.

[/quote]

I don''t know about managing a team with no money. We must have nearly as much on the management team than we have on players. Gunn + Butterworth''s compo + compo to Colchester must be above a million surely?

Does anyone better informed than me have any idea?