Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Green for Bentley

Reading another thread someone reported that if Arsenal are interested in Greeno and do a deal, it may be cash plus Bentley.

Well, cash plus Bentley might be OK if they want Mark Edworthy, but cash and Bentley for Green? No way please Nigel, just get us the cash instead..............Better still keep Green. He''ll be worth 10 points this season.

My thoughts exactly......

If Greeno goes it has to be GOOD Buisness, how much is staying in the premiership worth....more than 4million thats how much and at this moment in time Greeno is earning us the points, he doesn''t look out of place at all actually on his present form he would''nt look out of place in the Haarlem Globe Trotters.... so we have to be honest and be aware of the threat of losing him to one of the title contenders

However with 4 or 5 million would we swap Greeno for a Striker, we have Ward and Gallacher the question is?

Greeno v Ward or Gallacher plus a 4 million striker?

...playing devil''s advocate here....

green has looked just outstanding this year. he has been the difference between a point and defeat on two occasions. that could be priceless come the end of the year.

but let''s look at the flipside. let''s say we could get a few million plus bentley for green. that''s a few million pounds we could add to the maybe 1 million that will be available in the winter for a new striker. that''s the difference between a 1 million pound player and a 3-4 million pound player. that''s a substantial difference in terms of a quality striker. on top of that, like it or not, bentley is one of the top talents in football today. i really really feel that he''s just top class and will come into his own soon -- just watching him you can tell he''s something special -- an england international not too far in the future.

of course, we lose green. we have some strong keepers in reserve. it could be worse.

if this deal presented itself, it would have to be something to consider very seriously. comparisons:

heskey 6 million
alan smith 6-7 million
viduka 4 million
jeffers 4 million?

we need to get into that range of price to get a top notch player that will make a difference alongside Hux AND Bents for the future.

it all sounds exciting to me until i think of losing green. he''s just been so massive for us. but it still might be right.

erm........

Do we think that letting go of a 24 year old 3rd choice (and hopefully higher) england keeper, whos is probably close to being the best goalie we have ever had at norwich and has so far kept 2 clean sheets against top premier sides, for a Young midfielder/striker we already have plenty of......

Have we lost our minds?????????????????

Yes i would like to see bently come to carrow road, but not in a swap for greeno! Greeno would only surly be realeased for a large "silly" amout of money or because of his relegation cause in his contract - well believed so.......

What are we thinking?

Ok we have two good international keepers right behind him, but id rather keep greeno!

Especialy after the carlton cole save on saturday.