Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I want to believe, but.....

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I''ve got caught out so many times following City over the last 52 years, so I''d like to ask all those on here who went to the Wigan game the following questions:

1. Based on a friendly, which isn''t that competitive to be fair, how do you rate City''s performance? marks out of 10 please.

2. Our best and worse players?

3. Gunns performance?

4. Is there real hope for the new season now?

Many thanks.

[/quote]

Wiz my old fella,

You told me only last week that you work on sheer passion and yearning from the heart alone, hence your random outbursts and wide of the mark statements.

Now you are trying to get actual facts (to I assume) form a considered opinion on our chances. What''s happened since last week to give old Wiz a new perspective on the game? Will it last? I hope so.

It''s so much better when you try to construct thoughts on what people see rather than what you feel in your bones. Fingers crossed that we might be able to have some actual conversations that speak of relevence and not speculation in the future. I look forward to it.

Like I''ve already said.... if I''m ever wrong in my expectations I will allow you to point it out to me. So far that hasn''t happened has it?

I can quite easily live with being considered "the special one" on this forum .... but it seems many of you lot can''t (or won''t) accept it.

That is hardly my fault .........

Cluck, You''ve gone and highlighted the wrong words...... I''ll show you how that should have read.

Like I''ve already said.... if I''m ever wrong in my expectations I will allow you to point it out to me. So far that hasn''t happened has it?

I can quite easily live with being considered "the special one" on this forum .... but it seems many of you lot can''t (or won''t) accept it.

That is hardly my fault .........

Your expectations are unrealistic and not generally considered part of a sensible argument, so yes we could waste our time continually pointing this out to you, regardless of your aceptance, in fact, you are reminded of this consistantly, so this really makes your allowance kind of redundant.  So far that hasn''t happened has it? Where have you been for the last two years? Or are you just reading the posts you want to read, the ones that don''t upset you because you don''t feel hurt that you might be wrong? Or are you reading all of them but just choosing to absorb the ones that don''t make you cry. Or are you reading all of them but just pretending to not read them all, in an attempt to feel important. I suspect you could live with being considered ''the special one'' it worked for ''rainman'' afterall and whilst it''s you who considers it, I''ll accept it all day. I doubt that sort of fantasy would be bought by anyone other than yourself.

Take a look in the mirror each morning and tell yourself you are special. Just like momma used to say.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I''ve got caught out so many times following City over the last 52 years, so I''d like to ask all those on here who went to the Wigan game the following questions:

1. Based on a friendly, which isn''t that competitive to be fair, how do you rate City''s performance? marks out of 10 please.

2. Our best and worse players?

3. Gunns performance?

4. Is there real hope for the new season now?

Many thanks.

[/quote]

There''s a lack of pace in the squad - especially down the left - I fear that Fester will resort to playing Hoolahan on the left instead of the latter''s best and preferred position where he is most useful.Fester needs to offload Russell, Pattison & Lappin and bring in the likes of Albert Adomah wirth all due haste.

Good point... our left hand side does appear to be on the slow side, as I imagine Hoolahan will play the free role for most the season with it proving to be a successful role for him.

Is this left back Wiggins a pacey player or not? It''s clear Gunn has told the full backs to sit higher up the pitch so they can get involved in the attacks... if Wiggins is a fast lad then he should add that missing element... personally... never heard of him before :)

wiggins has pace. we have pace down the right, skill down the left. It would be nice to get some raw talent left midfielder in on loan so we can mix it up a little. Cluck... Special One... It is bad form to give yourself titles such as special one especially when there are very few if any people on here who would agree with you.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Good point... our left hand side does appear to be on the slow side, as I imagine Hoolahan will play the free role for most the season with it proving to be a successful role for him.

Is this left back Wiggins a pacey player or not? It''s clear Gunn has told the full backs to sit higher up the pitch so they can get involved in the attacks... if Wiggins is a fast lad then he should add that missing element... personally... never heard of him before :)[/quote]

It''s as simple as A, B & C, Lincs - every successful squad has the option of fielding pacey full-backs & pacey wide men down the flanks - Wiggins is quicker than Drury, but he & the former will find themselves perpetually tracking back through lack of pace on an attacking front.

Why, when we seem to have successfully assembled our own squad with our own players do you want to get somebody in on loan?

Let''s continue to develop our own players not other people''s!

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Wiz my old fella,

You told me only last week that you work on sheer passion and yearning from the heart alone, hence your random outbursts and wide of the mark statements.

Now you are trying to get actual facts (to I assume) form a considered opinion on our chances. What''s happened since last week to give old Wiz a new perspective on the game? Will it last? I hope so.

It''s so much better when you try to construct thoughts on what people see rather than what you feel in your bones. Fingers crossed that we might be able to have some actual conversations that speak of relevence and not speculation in the future. I look forward to it.

[/quote]

Winning, smiling players help YR, plus they''re our players for a change. In that respect, Gunn gets 10 out of,10 from me!

[quote user="The Chirp"]wiggins has pace. we have pace down the right, skill down the left. It would be nice to get some raw talent left midfielder in on loan so we can mix it up a little.

Cluck... Special One... It is bad form to give yourself titles such as special one especially when there are very few if any people on here who would agree with you.
[/quote]

Think its called Irony.....you''ll probably find that Cluck is in fact all beak and no wings.....