Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

How much is promotion back to the Championship worth?

I was just wondering what people thought promotion back to the Championship is worth?

£5 million, £10 million or maybe more? With all this talk and it is just talk at the moment, about Hoolahan wanted by Palace, Leeds, Coventry and just about every other team in the Championship and League 1, i really do feel Hoolahan is the difference between us getting promoted or not. He is the main creator or the one who makes things happen! Without him, i can''t see us getting promoted. Thoughts?

Sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere!

Mr C,

I would say quite a bit higher as the TV money alone is worth £2M. When you add commercial income and higher matchday receipts from away fans, I would estimate nearer £5M to £6M. However, this is not like the prem in that it is not new income, but just getting back to where we were. On the downside, wages will rise because many players will have taken a hit in their contracts due to relegation.

In real terms nothing. yes there will be extra Tv money but that will beeaten up in higher wages, bonuses and transfer fees. The difference in the gate receipts will be modest. The only one that makes a significant difference is the Premiership. Having said that i would sooner watch championship footy rather than league 1 but it will be ok for a season that and the Johnson Paint Trophy

i agree and wat would be the point in selling hoolahan to leeds(one of rivals in div one)unless they wat to pay silly money to us as they ave got a bit now they so there star player