Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

10 out of 11 places booked for next Sat.

So, Gunn provided us with the final clues today as to who will start the season next week.

Interesting to see who was picked in goal, centre-mid and upfront today. Add the fact that Martin helped himself to two, the only question now is will it be Nelson or Askou

Theoklitos

Otsemebor Doherty Nelson/Askou Drury

Whaley Hughes Tudur-Jones Hoolahan

Holt   Martin

Subs - (Definates) 1. Alnwick 2. Nelson/Askou 3. Gill  4.Maric 5.Mcdonald  6 & 7 (two from) Spillane,Lappin,McVeigh,Adeyemi

In your opinion maybe. I doubt if Gunny thinks is as clear cut as that, especially in the midfield department. He could easily go with any 2 of 4 in the middle but it''s unlikely that he will throw Tom in at the deepend even if he deserves it (which in my opinion he does) so it''s 2 out of OTJ, Gill and Hughes.  You may think it''s Hughes but he hasn''t even played a whole match and Gunny didn''t make Gill a vice captain for nothing.  I''d love to see Tom and OTJ but it''s not going to happen. Neither, I suspect is your dream sheet.

Have you not considered that the reason he started with Hughes is that he hasn''t seen him play yet and needed to give him a decent run out?  Not much point in bringing him on for the last 20 is there.  Doesn''t really mean that Hughes is in his starting 11 does it.

[quote user="Scooby"]Have you not considered that the reason he started with Hughes is that he hasn''t seen him play yet and needed to give him a decent run out?  Not much point in bringing him on for the last 20 is there.  Doesn''t really mean that Hughes is in his starting 11 does it.[/quote]

well maybe, but after the apparant "list" of clubs we beat off to get Hughes here -I''d be highly suprised were he not earmarked for the starting XI

Also, that is NOT the formation which was played today. Martin was playing Left Midfield, not supporting Holt. Hoolahan was played "in the whole".

The formation today was 4-5-1 with Martin on the left and i highly doubt we will be playing that formation much this season. So i''m not sure 10 out of 11 are 100% for next weekend.

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]Also, that is NOT the formation which was played today. Martin was playing Left Midfield, not supporting Holt. Hoolahan was played "in the whole".[/quote]

The formation played today was clearly one to combat the Wigan/Martinez style of 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 , I''m sure in league one it''ll be back to good old 4-4-2.

Right, OK.  So you''re going to give a guy 70 mins football pre-season, one week before the start, and then just slot him into a formation for a vital 1st game of the season because you had some competition in signing him????  Someone else thinks one of your targets is worth bidding for so you automatically select him.  Have a guess at how many of our 12 signings had other interest.  I think if it''s all 12 you might have a small problem starting them all.