Sign in to follow this  
HOCKEYMYHERO

Gunny has really impressed with his signings so far but we still need a quality right back ?

Gunny has transformed the squad and we now have competition in almost every area of the pitch WELL DONE except right-back .

I like spillane and he may work out but their is one player who failed to impress other seasons not just the last and is still here Otsemobor we cannot carry passengers in the team if we are to bounce back up , he drifts in and out of games wanders out of defensive duties and must be and opponents dream as space is often free to exploit .

Some fans will quote his inclusion in a previous team of the year in league one , all i can say is this was either a very poor year for players in that area of the pitch or he has totally lost whatever skills Dario Gradi and his coaches had helped mature at Crewe .

I do think that there is a danger that Otsemobor will be the scapegoat that many fans always feel the need to have each season.

I thought he was one of out better players yesterday and I''m sure will be more than good enough at league one level.

I think there are other areas of the pitch that are more of a priority than right back, from yesterday''s evidence ,even with the signing of Holt, we still need another striker because Cureton is simply past it!

I thought Semmy was poor last season but then I still hope that there''s a good player hiding in there somewhere.

We''ve made a lot of signings so far and there hasn''t been a rightback amongst them. Which suggests that they don''t see that area as a priority and maybe they even think Semmy is a better player than a lot of us give him credit for.

There are still a few weeks for that situation to change though...

Chris Martin surely is "another striker" ???[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I do think that there is a danger that Otsemobor will be the scapegoat that many fans always feel the need to have each season.

I thought he was one of out better players yesterday and I''m sure will be more than good enough at league one level.

I think there are other areas of the pitch that are more of a priority than right back, from yesterday''s evidence ,even with the signing of Holt, we still need another striker because Cureton is simply past it!

[/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]Chris Martin surely is "another striker" ???

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote][/quote]

Indeed he his but, if we''re writing off Cureton (which I am) you can''t go through a whole season operating with only 3 strikers (Holt/Martin/McDonald) - we still need somebody else.

Ahh.  You see I''m not writing him off yet![quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="ACE"]Chris Martin surely is "another striker" ???[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote][/quote]

Indeed he his but, if we''re writing off Cureton (which I am) you can''t go through a whole season operating with only 3 strikers (Holt/Martin/McDonald) - we still need somebody else.

[/quote]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="ACE"]Chris Martin surely is "another striker" ???[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]The Doc! cos we could have 4 centre-halves by Monday

I''ve never seen a player decline under a manager us bad as Otsemobor did under Roeder.

He looked a very good aquisition when he first joined.

I think he can do a job for us next season.

I am not ante Otsemobor but i do want what is best for CITY and we do need a better defender on that side .

Its easy to blame Roeder for many things that have gone wrong at our club but to say he ruined this players confidence so much is clutching at straws , he simply falls asleep in games and leaves his main duties which are defending to others who then get pulled out of position covering for him.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

he''s a scapegoat for a reason....he''s a defender who can''t defend !

Yes, he has lots of pace but what use is that if you sprint up the field and then come to an abrupt holt before playing a safe ball back to someone being closed down to hoof it into the stands or lose posession

he may have been in the team of the season for crewe but that was 4 years ago

even if he doesn''t need replacing immediatley we need someone in before the deadline to step in if there is no change in his performance