Sign in to follow this  
Mtv

This board have been sent a very clear message by the season ticket holders

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="shortfatb"]I have no confidence that Delia and Michael know what to do with Norwich City anymore, they are two successful business people who have bought something they fancied and it''s all gone wrong, they put their faith in various people who have let them down and, approaching 70, they must wonder what the hell has happened. I don''t have much faith in Bryan Gunn either, in fact out of the 4 key members of the management team I have more faith in the other 3 in footballing terms than him, but I didn''t claim my rebate.

The last couple of years in particular on the pitch have been grim and the 330 mile round trip that I make for home games has been more of a trial each time I have made it, but after discussing it with my uncle who I go to the games with, the monthly direct debit goes down £7 per month, and although I haven''t had a job since March and have cancelled all other luxuries, demanding the rebate back seemed pointless given that the effect it would have on my life was non existent.

As my uncle said, we''ll still go and watch the sh*t whatever league they are in because it''s about more than just the football, it''s about ritual, tradition, family, emotions, belonging, being there and much more. If people really want to protest then they shouldn''t buy season tickets at all, but that''s not where I want to be. The board have f*cked up, we''re relatively skint, but not much more than most of the competition in our league, Delia and Michael still own the club whether we or they like it or not and taking £70 or so off the club seems to be the wrong type of protest, and poor old Foulger, who may be a bit of a puppet, I don''t know, is berated for putting his hand in his pocket, blackmail, and now for being tight because he''s only matching the 33%. Delia or not, I do think that we have reached an inevitable nadir and I don''t believe that next season will be as bad in terms of performances and results than the last dreadful effort, I am also very happy with the new CEO and the 3 signings we have made, although I like others was excited about Brellier and others, so what do I know.

I''m glad we''re cutting our cloth more sensibly, that we are getting people on contracts not loans and I hope this is a new beginning, I actually think the D&M factor is almost irrelevant and out of their hands and I hope my whole season ticket amount including my unclaimed rebate helps.

Also although I have never met any of Tilly and the gang, their parochial, self serving, egocentric discourses on here do not make me want them to lead me anywhere and I truly wonder what they thought the board would do in response to their push to demand the rebates other than lay people off and declare they had a small budget, although that is just an aside and had no effect on my own decision.                
[/quote]

With regard to your last paragraph i was under the impression that this whole rebate issue was surrounding the player budget so i cannot agree with your take on it involving people being laid off Shortfatb.That surely is totally down to relegation and the financial impact on other revenue streams like catering,merchandise,hospitality etc.

[/quote]

I don''t really know as I wasn''t at St Andrew''s Hall, but I thought it was a protest/reaction to the position the current board had got the club into and the NCISA thought that by encouraging the rebate claims it was making a stand for supporter power and encourage the board to make changes. It may have been about the player budget but if it was I don''t see how the outcome could have ever been positive or efficacious for progression within the club, but then you''re the boss, I''m just a outsider, carping. Out of interest what are the next steps for the NCISA now that the rebate issue has turned out how you hoped it would?    

[/quote]

I have to consult with the full Committee but as of this moment we are still attempting to arrange a meeting with the directors as a result of a request we made.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="shortfatb"]I have no confidence that Delia and Michael know what to do with Norwich City anymore, they are two successful business people who have bought something they fancied and it''s all gone wrong, they put their faith in various people who have let them down and, approaching 70, they must wonder what the hell has happened. I don''t have much faith in Bryan Gunn either, in fact out of the 4 key members of the management team I have more faith in the other 3 in footballing terms than him, but I didn''t claim my rebate.The last couple of years in particular on the pitch have been grim and the 330 mile round trip that I make for home games has been more of a trial each time I have made it, but after discussing it with my uncle who I go to the games with, the monthly direct debit goes down £7 per month, and although I haven''t had a job since March and have cancelled all other luxuries, demanding the rebate back seemed pointless given that the effect it would have on my life was non existent. As my uncle said, we''ll still go and watch the sh*t whatever league they are in because it''s about more than just the football, it''s about ritual, tradition, family, emotions, belonging, being there and much more. If people really want to protest then they shouldn''t buy season tickets at all, but that''s not where I want to be. The board have f*cked up, we''re relatively skint, but not much more than most of the competition in our league, Delia and Michael still own the club whether we or they like it or not and taking £70 or so off the club seems to be the wrong type of protest, and poor old Foulger, who may be a bit of a puppet, I don''t know, is berated for putting his hand in his pocket, blackmail, and now for being tight because he''s only matching the 33%. Delia or not, I do think that we have reached an inevitable nadir and I don''t believe that next season will be as bad in terms of performances and results than the last dreadful effort, I am also very happy with the new CEO and the 3 signings we have made, although I like others was excited about Brellier and others, so what do I know. I''m glad we''re cutting our cloth more sensibly, that we are getting people on contracts not loans and I hope this is a new beginning, I actually think the D&M factor is almost irrelevant and out of their hands and I hope my whole season ticket amount including my unclaimed rebate helps. Also although I have never met any of Tilly and the gang, their parochial, self serving, egocentric discourses on here do not make me want them to lead me anywhere and I truly wonder what they thought the board would do in response to their push to demand the rebates other than lay people off and declare they had a small budget, although that is just an aside and had no effect on my own decision.                 [/quote]

With regard to your last paragraph i was under the impression that this whole rebate issue was surrounding the player budget so i cannot agree with your take on it involving people being laid off Shortfatb.That surely is totally down to relegation and the financial impact on other revenue streams like catering,merchandise,hospitality etc.

[/quote]I don''t really know as I wasn''t at St Andrew''s Hall, but I thought it was a protest/reaction to the position the current board had got the club into and the NCISA thought that by encouraging the rebate claims it was making a stand for supporter power and encourage the board to make changes. It may have been about the player budget but if it was I don''t see how the outcome could have ever been positive or efficacious for progression within the club, but then you''re the boss, I''m just a outsider, carping. Out of interest what are the next steps for the NCISA now that the rebate issue has turned out how you hoped it would?     [/quote]

I have to consult with the full Committee but as of this moment we are still attempting to arrange a meeting with the directors as a result of a request we made.

[/quote]It will be interesting to see what is decided and if the board resent your actions enough to not play ball,  figuratively, with regards to your requests/demands whatever they are, although I think they are relatively powerless to do much, which is obviously the elephant in the room for you and them. Perhaps your influence with regards to the rebate will give the NCISA more clout within the club. 

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="mtv"]

About two thirds of season ticket holders have sent this board a very clear message......Of course there will still be a few on here who will try and spin this result in favour of the board (as they try to do with everything) But it is a clear a result as you can get. If they have any sense at all they will digest the meaning of this and listen to the fans a bit more, or maybe even think a bit harder if/ when potential buyers come calling (if they have''nt already)

The season ticket holders have spoken.....................

[/quote]

Unless you can show that the majority of those who claimed their rebates did so for footballing reasons and not to ease their financial burden then your claim that it ''sends out a very clear message'' is speculative at best. It''s very easy to suggest that if City were doing well then fewer people would have claimed, but in the absence of relevant statistics it''s a claim which lacks sufficient evidence. Thus, I''m not convinced by your testimony. Produce the required evidence and I''ll be willing to change my mind. [Y]
[/quote]

Thats asking for evidence that can''t exist -> if city were doing better, no rebate would be offered!
[/quote]

Quite. But to suggest that the number of rebates claimed was a deliberate stand against the board is a little brash in my opinion. We simply don''t know who claimed for what reasons. [Y]
[/quote]

If the club had not appealed to season ticket holders to waive their rebates I would agree.  But it is undeniable that, for whatever reason, approximately 2/3 of them ignored their appeal.  Therefore the OP is correct in saying that it sends a message to the board.