Sign in to follow this  
Mtv

This board have been sent a very clear message by the season ticket holders

But I think you can go further. If you agree that the number of newly unemployed is negligable you can say that the number of claimants reflects the general mood of the season ticket holding fan base. Especially when they know Foulger has basically begged them to let go of their rebates. You cant put numbers on it but I think there is little doubt that the numbers reflect the general mood.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]But I think you can go further. If you agree that the number of newly unemployed is negligable you can say that the number of claimants reflects the general mood of the season ticket holding fan base. Especially when they know Foulger has basically begged them to let go of their rebates. You cant put numbers on it but I think there is little doubt that the numbers reflect the general mood.[/quote]If we accept that there are only two reasons why people chose to make their claim (to show discontent with the directors or to save money), then quite possibly, but would it be fair to assume this? I''m not sure myself. There could be a number of reasons why some chose to make their claim, which brings me back to my original point: We can''t really say with any degree of certainty just how accurately the 66.6% who claimed did so out of discontent for the board. We can certainly say that some did but we can''t infer a lot else. [:(]

the bigger picture is this norwich have the one the highest attendances in the championship .

people still go and watch football ,silly prices are still being paid for players and gates are still high all over the country .

yet people willingly paid to watch norwich city who do year in and year out .

if two thirds are willing to claim money back and have made a effort to do so peoples confidence in the board isnt that good .

put it this way if a certain man came in last season and pumped 20 million into the team do you think norwich would have a packed house every week with people wanting to go to the match .

i think the figures reflect well what has been exspected of peoples confidence of how this club has been run over the last few years .

i bet if you asked 3 norwich fans are you happy how this club has performed over the last few years at least 2 would say no out of the 3. .

people dont think they have had value for money .. cant argue that its the worst state i have seen this club in all of my lifetime

our worst leauge position also reflects this..

[quote user="mtv"]

About two thirds of season ticket holders have sent this board a very clear message......Of course there will still be a few on here who will try and spin this result in favour of the board (as they try to do with everything) But it is a clear a result as you can get. If they have any sense at all they will digest the meaning of this and listen to the fans a bit more, or maybe even think a bit harder if/ when potential buyers come calling (if they have''nt already)

The season ticket holders have spoken.....................

[/quote]

and it should be a warning to the board as to what might happen next renewal period!

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]

If we accept that there are only two reasons why people chose to make their claim (to show discontent with the directors or to save money), then quite possibly, but would it be fair to assume this? I''m not sure myself. There could be a number of reasons why some chose to make their claim, which brings me back to my original point: We can''t really say with any degree of certainty just how accurately the 66.6% who claimed did so out of discontent for the board. We can certainly say that some did but we can''t infer a lot else. [:(]

[/quote]At the risk of mtv AGAIN painting me as a board apologist, I think the above is spot on. For example, one factor I considered was whether I trusted Gunn to spend the money wisely and to manage well those players bought with that money. And that factor, although linked to the board, since the board chose Gunn, doesn''t quite fit neatly into a simplistic pro- or anti-board argument.However, moving on, what would be fascinating to know is whether other clubs have carried out the same rebate exercise in the wake of relegation and - if so - what the results were. Of course, no two clubs are the same but even so a comparison might prove instructive and inform this debate.

People can put whatever spin they like on the figures but we all know deep down that the majority of people claimed their rebates back because

1) They didn''t want to pay championship prices for League 1 footy

2) They didn''t believe that the money would be spent wisely

3) They wanted to send a clear message to the board that we''re not going to be a soft touch anymore.

I would stake my house on the fact that over 80% people claimed their rebates back for one of those reasons if not all of them

[quote user="BA"]....but they renewed..... even stronger message
[/quote]

The board agreed that they would NOT take renewal as a vote of confidence quote R. Munby chairman.

Ah! Good old IBA. I''ve read the whole of this thread to see what your comment would and how disappointed i was.

Thank goodness Flash has taken up your batten.

FFS, two thirds claimed their rebate when you predicted the great majority would not.

This is a message to the board that they will take seriously make no mistake about it.

[quote user="cityangel"]

People can put whatever spin they like on the figures but we all know deep down that the majority of people claimed their rebates back because

3) They wanted to send a clear message to the board that we''re not going to be a soft touch anymore.

I would stake my house on the fact that over 80% people claimed their rebates back for one of those reasons if not all of them

[/quote] And 4) They didnt want Bryan Gunn as manager .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote] And 4) They didnt want Bryan Gunn as manager .
[/quote]

that was what swayed me, had our board appointed a decent manager I probably would have let them keep my money, they indicated with Gunn''s appointment that they''ld learnt nothing, so why should I throw more good money after bad.

The board now need to prove to the fans they''re willing to repair the damage by signing Lee with the extra £700k they''ve now got. Prove to us once and for all they''ve learnt their lessons.

[quote user="shortfatb"]I have no confidence that Delia and Michael know what to do with Norwich City anymore, they are two successful business people who have bought something they fancied and it''s all gone wrong, they put their faith in various people who have let them down and, approaching 70, they must wonder what the hell has happened. I don''t have much faith in Bryan Gunn either, in fact out of the 4 key members of the management team I have more faith in the other 3 in footballing terms than him, but I didn''t claim my rebate.

The last couple of years in particular on the pitch have been grim and the 330 mile round trip that I make for home games has been more of a trial each time I have made it, but after discussing it with my uncle who I go to the games with, the monthly direct debit goes down £7 per month, and although I haven''t had a job since March and have cancelled all other luxuries, demanding the rebate back seemed pointless given that the effect it would have on my life was non existent.

As my uncle said, we''ll still go and watch the sh*t whatever league they are in because it''s about more than just the football, it''s about ritual, tradition, family, emotions, belonging, being there and much more. If people really want to protest then they shouldn''t buy season tickets at all, but that''s not where I want to be. The board have f*cked up, we''re relatively skint, but not much more than most of the competition in our league, Delia and Michael still own the club whether we or they like it or not and taking £70 or so off the club seems to be the wrong type of protest, and poor old Foulger, who may be a bit of a puppet, I don''t know, is berated for putting his hand in his pocket, blackmail, and now for being tight because he''s only matching the 33%. Delia or not, I do think that we have reached an inevitable nadir and I don''t believe that next season will be as bad in terms of performances and results than the last dreadful effort, I am also very happy with the new CEO and the 3 signings we have made, although I like others was excited about Brellier and others, so what do I know.

I''m glad we''re cutting our cloth more sensibly, that we are getting people on contracts not loans and I hope this is a new beginning, I actually think the D&M factor is almost irrelevant and out of their hands and I hope my whole season ticket amount including my unclaimed rebate helps.

Also although I have never met any of Tilly and the gang, their parochial, self serving, egocentric discourses on here do not make me want them to lead me anywhere and I truly wonder what they thought the board would do in response to their push to demand the rebates other than lay people off and declare they had a small budget, although that is just an aside and had no effect on my own decision.                
[/quote]

With regard to your last paragraph i was under the impression that this whole rebate issue was surrounding the player budget so i cannot agree with your take on it involving people being laid off Shortfatb.That surely is totally down to relegation and the financial impact on other revenue streams like catering,merchandise,hospitality etc.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]two thirds claimed their rebate when you predicted the great majority would not. [/quote]Did I? Seriously, I dont remember saying that..... I dont say things like ''the great majority'' .....

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]two thirds claimed their rebate when you predicted the great majority would not. [/quote]

Did I? Seriously, I dont remember saying that..... I dont say things like ''the great majority'' .....
[/quote]

What did you say then IBA to save us searching your posts?

If this were an election it would not be taken apart in such a pathetic way. On the offy there was a poll regarding who would give the rebate back etc. and just about exactly the same percentages were recorded. And there were no doubt in the minds of those who voted as to why they were''nt giving their money to the board.

We ALL know why the rebates were kept in such numbers, we all know why, it has been debated in pubs, message boards and even at St Andrews hall. And the answers were/ are very clear. trouble is that our amatuer statations(sp) what definitve proof knowing full well that its niot coming so anyone with any sense can see what has past and make a judgement based on that.

[quote user="mtv"]

If this were an election it would not be taken apart in such a pathetic way. On the offy there was a poll regarding who would give the rebate back etc. and just about exactly the same percentages were recorded. And there were no doubt in the minds of those who voted as to why they were''nt giving their money to the board.

We ALL know why the rebates were kept in such numbers, we all know why, it has been debated in pubs, message boards and even at St Andrews hall. .

[/quote]

Spot on mtv

[quote user="cityangel"]

What did you say then IBA to save us searching your posts?

[/quote]I''ve no idea.... I dont remember commenting on the rebate thing TBH, not to say I didn''t, but must have been seriously pi55ed to make speculative comments like that. Its usually what I condemn everyone else for!!

[quote user="mtv"]

If this were an election it would not be taken apart in such a pathetic way.

[/quote]But it''s not an election, that''s the point. You all had a chance to send a real message to the board when your season ticket renewal forms came through the door but you bottled it. All this rebate sh*t is just your way of pretending that you''ve rebelled against the board. There are 17,000 reasons that the board can completely ignore your little message and I fully expect that they will.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

. There are 17,000 reasons that the board can completely ignore your little message and I fully expect that they will.
[/quote]

I don''t think they will ignore it, Foulger has already said that he is disappointed with the response.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]

If we accept that there are only two reasons why people chose to make their claim (to show discontent with the directors or to save money), then quite possibly, but would it be fair to assume this? I''m not sure myself. There could be a number of reasons why some chose to make their claim, which brings me back to my original point: We can''t really say with any degree of certainty just how accurately the 66.6% who claimed did so out of discontent for the board. We can certainly say that some did but we can''t infer a lot else. [:(]

[/quote]At the risk of mtv AGAIN painting me as a board apologist, I think the above is spot on. For example, one factor I considered was whether I trusted Gunn to spend the money wisely and to manage well those players bought with that money. And that factor, although linked to the board, since the board chose Gunn, doesn''t quite fit neatly into a simplistic pro- or anti-board argument.However, moving on, what would be fascinating to know is whether other clubs have carried out the same rebate exercise in the wake of relegation and - if so - what the results were. Of course, no two clubs are the same but even so a comparison might prove instructive and inform this debate.[/quote]I''m glad someone sees what I''m saying. [:P] The truth is that there are probably countless factors which determined whether season ticket holders claimed their rebates or not so to suggest that the majority did so to show their displeasure with the board is a little hasty. All we know is that 66.6% of season ticket holders claimed their rebates. Without further investigation we will never know what the prevailing motivation was. Thus, it isn''t unreasonable to doubt the idea that the high percentage of rebates was due to discontent with the way the club is run. This isn''t to suggest that there isn''t widespread anger regarding the board, only that the 66.6% alone doesn''t indicate it. As mentioned before, if one took out a survey to determine just how many season ticket holders are angry with the directors (and it turned out that a high percentage were), then you could make a case to suggest that there is widespread discontent amongst season ticket holders. I think this is something worth doing. The numbers would be more conclusive than the ones regarding the rebate. [Y]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="shortfatb"]I have no confidence that Delia and Michael know what to do with Norwich City anymore, they are two successful business people who have bought something they fancied and it''s all gone wrong, they put their faith in various people who have let them down and, approaching 70, they must wonder what the hell has happened. I don''t have much faith in Bryan Gunn either, in fact out of the 4 key members of the management team I have more faith in the other 3 in footballing terms than him, but I didn''t claim my rebate.

The last couple of years in particular on the pitch have been grim and the 330 mile round trip that I make for home games has been more of a trial each time I have made it, but after discussing it with my uncle who I go to the games with, the monthly direct debit goes down £7 per month, and although I haven''t had a job since March and have cancelled all other luxuries, demanding the rebate back seemed pointless given that the effect it would have on my life was non existent.

As my uncle said, we''ll still go and watch the sh*t whatever league they are in because it''s about more than just the football, it''s about ritual, tradition, family, emotions, belonging, being there and much more. If people really want to protest then they shouldn''t buy season tickets at all, but that''s not where I want to be. The board have f*cked up, we''re relatively skint, but not much more than most of the competition in our league, Delia and Michael still own the club whether we or they like it or not and taking £70 or so off the club seems to be the wrong type of protest, and poor old Foulger, who may be a bit of a puppet, I don''t know, is berated for putting his hand in his pocket, blackmail, and now for being tight because he''s only matching the 33%. Delia or not, I do think that we have reached an inevitable nadir and I don''t believe that next season will be as bad in terms of performances and results than the last dreadful effort, I am also very happy with the new CEO and the 3 signings we have made, although I like others was excited about Brellier and others, so what do I know.

I''m glad we''re cutting our cloth more sensibly, that we are getting people on contracts not loans and I hope this is a new beginning, I actually think the D&M factor is almost irrelevant and out of their hands and I hope my whole season ticket amount including my unclaimed rebate helps.

Also although I have never met any of Tilly and the gang, their parochial, self serving, egocentric discourses on here do not make me want them to lead me anywhere and I truly wonder what they thought the board would do in response to their push to demand the rebates other than lay people off and declare they had a small budget, although that is just an aside and had no effect on my own decision.                
[/quote]

With regard to your last paragraph i was under the impression that this whole rebate issue was surrounding the player budget so i cannot agree with your take on it involving people being laid off Shortfatb.That surely is totally down to relegation and the financial impact on other revenue streams like catering,merchandise,hospitality etc.

[/quote]

Anything that makes you sleep better at night................

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]

[/quote]At the risk of mtv AGAIN painting me as a board apologist, I think the above is spot on. For example, one factor I considered was whether I trusted Gunn to spend the money wisely and to manage well those players bought with that money. And that factor, although linked to the board, since the board chose Gunn, doesn''t quite fit neatly into a simplistic pro- or anti-board argument.However, moving on, what would be fascinating to know is whether other clubs have carried out the same rebate exercise in the wake of relegation and - if so - what the results were. Of course, no two clubs are the same but even so a comparison might prove instructive and inform this debate.[/quote]I''m glad someone sees what I''m saying. [:P] The truth is that there are probably countless factors which determined whether season ticket holders claimed their rebates or not so to suggest that the majority did so to show their displeasure with the board is a little hasty. All we know is that 66.6% of season ticket holders claimed their rebates. Without further investigation we will never know what the prevailing motivation was. Thus, it isn''t unreasonable to doubt the idea that the high percentage of rebates was due to discontent with the way the club is run. This isn''t to suggest that there isn''t widespread anger regarding the board, only that the 66.6% alone doesn''t indicate it. As mentioned before, if one took out a survey to determine just how many season ticket holders are angry with the directors (and it turned out that a high percentage were), then you could make a case to suggest that there is widespread discontent amongst season ticket holders. I think this is something worth doing. The numbers would be more conclusive than the ones regarding the rebate. [Y][/quote]Your first post was spot on I think it''s fair to say the third who did not claim did it in support of the club, we will never know what proportion of the two thirds did it as an anti board protest.The fact that we''ll never know that information makes the protest a complete non starter and the only thing it has achieved is a transfer budget of less than a million.

[/quote]

I pretty much agree with all your sentiments. The club will be here long after the current board have left.

It is is refreshing to see somone posting who deals with the reality of the situation we are in.

I want to personally thank YOU and other supporters who decided to pledge their rebate towards the rebuilding of the first team.

Giving us the best chance to do well this year and hopefully win promotion.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]

I''m glad someone sees what I''m saying. [:P] The truth is that there are probably countless factors which determined whether season ticket holders claimed their rebates or not so to suggest that the majority did so to show their displeasure with the board is a little hasty. All we know is that 66.6% of season ticket holders claimed their rebates. Without further investigation we will never know what the prevailing motivation was. Thus, it isn''t unreasonable to doubt the idea that the high percentage of rebates was due to discontent with the way the club is run. This isn''t to suggest that there isn''t widespread anger regarding the board, only that the 66.6% alone doesn''t indicate it. As mentioned before, if one took out a survey to determine just how many season ticket holders are angry with the directors (and it turned out that a high percentage were), then you could make a case to suggest that there is widespread discontent amongst season ticket holders. I think this is something worth doing. The numbers would be more conclusive than the ones regarding the rebate. [Y][/quote]Flashheart, since we''re in general agreement I hesitate to correct you, but the percentage of season ticket holders claiming was 63.3 per cent, not 66.6 per cent.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="shortfatb"]I have no confidence that Delia and Michael know what to do with Norwich City anymore, they are two successful business people who have bought something they fancied and it''s all gone wrong, they put their faith in various people who have let them down and, approaching 70, they must wonder what the hell has happened. I don''t have much faith in Bryan Gunn either, in fact out of the 4 key members of the management team I have more faith in the other 3 in footballing terms than him, but I didn''t claim my rebate.The last couple of years in particular on the pitch have been grim and the 330 mile round trip that I make for home games has been more of a trial each time I have made it, but after discussing it with my uncle who I go to the games with, the monthly direct debit goes down £7 per month, and although I haven''t had a job since March and have cancelled all other luxuries, demanding the rebate back seemed pointless given that the effect it would have on my life was non existent. As my uncle said, we''ll still go and watch the sh*t whatever league they are in because it''s about more than just the football, it''s about ritual, tradition, family, emotions, belonging, being there and much more. If people really want to protest then they shouldn''t buy season tickets at all, but that''s not where I want to be. The board have f*cked up, we''re relatively skint, but not much more than most of the competition in our league, Delia and Michael still own the club whether we or they like it or not and taking £70 or so off the club seems to be the wrong type of protest, and poor old Foulger, who may be a bit of a puppet, I don''t know, is berated for putting his hand in his pocket, blackmail, and now for being tight because he''s only matching the 33%. Delia or not, I do think that we have reached an inevitable nadir and I don''t believe that next season will be as bad in terms of performances and results than the last dreadful effort, I am also very happy with the new CEO and the 3 signings we have made, although I like others was excited about Brellier and others, so what do I know. I''m glad we''re cutting our cloth more sensibly, that we are getting people on contracts not loans and I hope this is a new beginning, I actually think the D&M factor is almost irrelevant and out of their hands and I hope my whole season ticket amount including my unclaimed rebate helps. Also although I have never met any of Tilly and the gang, their parochial, self serving, egocentric discourses on here do not make me want them to lead me anywhere and I truly wonder what they thought the board would do in response to their push to demand the rebates other than lay people off and declare they had a small budget, although that is just an aside and had no effect on my own decision.                 [/quote]

[/quote]I don''t really know as I wasn''t at St Andrew''s Hall, but I thought it was a protest/reaction to the position the current board had got the club into and the NCISA thought that by encouraging the rebate claims it was making a stand for supporter power and encourage the board to make changes. It may have been about the player budget but if it was I don''t see how the outcome could have ever been positive or efficacious for progression within the club, but then you''re the boss, I''m just a outsider, carping. Out of interest what are the next steps for the NCISA now that the rebate issue has turned out how you hoped it would?    

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="shortfatb"]I have no confidence that Delia and Michael know what to do with Norwich City anymore, they are two successful business people who have bought something they fancied and it''s all gone wrong, they put their faith in various people who have let them down and, approaching 70, they must wonder what the hell has happened. I don''t have much faith in Bryan Gunn either, in fact out of the 4 key members of the management team I have more faith in the other 3 in footballing terms than him, but I didn''t claim my rebate.The last couple of years in particular on the pitch have been grim and the 330 mile round trip that I make for home games has been more of a trial each time I have made it, but after discussing it with my uncle who I go to the games with, the monthly direct debit goes down £7 per month, and although I haven''t had a job since March and have cancelled all other luxuries, demanding the rebate back seemed pointless given that the effect it would have on my life was non existent. As my uncle said, we''ll still go and watch the sh*t whatever league they are in because it''s about more than just the football, it''s about ritual, tradition, family, emotions, belonging, being there and much more. If people really want to protest then they shouldn''t buy season tickets at all, but that''s not where I want to be. The board have f*cked up, we''re relatively skint, but not much more than most of the competition in our league, Delia and Michael still own the club whether we or they like it or not and taking £70 or so off the club seems to be the wrong type of protest, and poor old Foulger, who may be a bit of a puppet, I don''t know, is berated for putting his hand in his pocket, blackmail, and now for being tight because he''s only matching the 33%. Delia or not, I do think that we have reached an inevitable nadir and I don''t believe that next season will be as bad in terms of performances and results than the last dreadful effort, I am also very happy with the new CEO and the 3 signings we have made, although I like others was excited about Brellier and others, so what do I know. I''m glad we''re cutting our cloth more sensibly, that we are getting people on contracts not loans and I hope this is a new beginning, I actually think the D&M factor is almost irrelevant and out of their hands and I hope my whole season ticket amount including my unclaimed rebate helps. Also although I have never met any of Tilly and the gang, their parochial, self serving, egocentric discourses on here do not make me want them to lead me anywhere and I truly wonder what they thought the board would do in response to their push to demand the rebates other than lay people off and declare they had a small budget, although that is just an aside and had no effect on my own decision.                 [/quote]

I pretty much agree with all your sentiments. The club will be here long after the current board have left.

It is is refreshing to see somone posting who deals with the reality of the situation we are in.

I want to personally thank YOU and other supporters who decided to pledge their rebate towards the rebuilding of the first team.

Giving us the best chance to do well this year and hopefully win promotion.

[/quote]Thanks, I''m not pleased, I just can''t see where the choices are other than as I have written or not going to matches at all.