Sign in to follow this  
league1canary

The weekly Video transfer rumours

Just wondering if anyone else bothers watching these? They make me cringe. They look like something that has been knocked up in 5 minutes and the person presenting just wants to get his/ their ugly mugs internet TV. Just right a weekly summary instead!!

If you haven’t watched it already, you should its funny for the first 20 seconds until you realise quite how poor the EDP is in comparison to other papers out there!!

While im on a rant, don’t you think its weird that a local newspaper can’t get the transfer gossip first and someone like the BBC website is more clued up on it. I’d have always thought is was the BBC that got there news from the local papers. The more i read it though the more i realise how archant just copy every one else’s stories and then just re-run it every day for the next 4 days!

Ok Rant over....

[quote user="league1canary"]

Just wondering if anyone else bothers watching these? They make me cringe. They look like something that has been knocked up in 5 minutes and the person presenting just wants to get his/ their ugly mugs internet TV. Just right a weekly summary instead!!

If you haven’t watched it already, you should its funny for the first 20 seconds until you realise quite how poor the EDP is in comparison to other papers out there!!

While im on a rant, don’t you think its weird that a local newspaper can’t get the transfer gossip first and someone like the BBC website is more clued up on it. I’d have always thought is was the BBC that got there news from the local papers. The more i read it though the more i realise how archant just copy every one else’s stories and then just re-run it every day for the next 4 days!

Ok Rant over....

[/quote]

I totally disagree with everything you say, in fact I''m amazed at how naive you are.

For a start you''re not actually paying for it directly, it''s free to view, you should be grateful it''s there for you to have a rant about.

You say that the EDP is poor in comparism to other papers; which other local papers are you comparing it to?

The BBC is awash with money and resources, theoretically they should be the first with any news and they do have regional reporters you know?

Just because its free doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be good i.e. if i give you something but its cr8p you would be disappointed. The point i was making is that it is very very cringe-worthy.

The BBC is awash with recourses and also has to cover the whole of the UK and Europe. The EDP covers Norwich!! They have one job to do which is to cover local stories yet for some reason they seem to only focus on players which have left and no city fan gives a dam about. For example, and take note here archant, NCFC Fans ont care where fotheringham goes, we don’t care about the fact he has offers from lots of clubs and believe it or not we no if he goes to Spain there is a good chance he may play against ronaldo! But we dont care. Put some effort into stories we do care about and stop wasting time writing up the cras ones!

[quote user="league1canary"]

Just because its free doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be good i.e. if i give you something but its cr8p you would be disappointed. The point i was making is that it is very very cringe-worthy.

The BBC is awash with recourses and also has to cover the whole of the UK and Europe. [/quote]

I always thought it was the British Broadcasting Company not the UKAEBC.

Mustachio, you should no the news covers a whole range of topics such a british news and international news. and just beacuse it covers international news doesnt mean they have to change there name. Because they cover internatonal news (thats news abroard) they have ''international reporters''. Your trying to pick holes and making yourself look very stupid indeed!

Here we go - hold on to your hats, it''s an LQ sticks up for Archant moment!(Don''t faint...)I like all these ''cringeworthy'' stunts. They''re fun if you view them like that and also an interesting sneaky peek into what the future holds when you think about how you get your news. They''re not meant to compete with the BBC or anyone and shouldn''t be seen as such really. It''s obviously a method Archant are using to try to develop and exploit the new media that has jumped up and down on the traditional press and won''t stop till print on your fingers is but a distant memory you tell your grandkids about.Don''t kick them for trying. The people compiling this stuff are old-school print journalists, not TV stars and they''re at least providing something a little different.

[quote user="LQ"]Here we go - hold on to your hats, it''s an LQ sticks up for Archant moment!

(Don''t faint...)

I like all these ''cringeworthy'' stunts. They''re fun if you view them like that and also an interesting sneaky peek into what the future holds when you think about how you get your news. They''re not meant to compete with the BBC or anyone and shouldn''t be seen as such really. It''s obviously a method Archant are using to try to develop and exploit the new media that has jumped up and down on the traditional press and won''t stop till print on your fingers is but a distant memory you tell your grandkids about.

Don''t kick them for trying. The people compiling this stuff are old-school print journalists, not TV stars and they''re at least providing something a little different.

[/quote]

Is all the washing and ironing finished?

Thought not back in the kitchen please[:D]

Sticking up fot Archant, you will be supporting Delia next AND wanting the vote!

Too much time on your hands only leads to the devils work[6]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Something ironic about someone called "the Butler" telling someone to get back in the kitchen.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Something ironic about someone called "the Butler" telling someone to get back in the kitchen.

[/quote]

Must keep tight control on the female staff if not the universe will crumble!

[quote user="league1canary"]Very fair point. Still think the videos are train wrecks though[/quote]

Yeah I agree with that. I watched one and just found it awkward and pointless.