Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Essential, in my view.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

A squad of 100% triers.

Nothing like it to stir the crowd, inspire the county - and get this club moving in the right direction.

Easier said than done - but a target well worth pursuing. In my view anyway.

Anybody agree?

OTBC

[/quote]Not often I find myself agreeing with you, but fair play.Despite being labeled by some as a board apologist, I''ve found the last 2 or 3 seasons frankly depressing at times and of course a lot of the blame has to be laid at their door. The buck has to stop somewhere.Too many times over the last couple of years I''ve walked away from Carra Rud shaking my head and bemoaning the fact that we weren''t even in the game. I can take a loss from a better team on the chin if we''ve had a good go at them, but last season in particular was bloody hard going at times.Here''s the bit where we probably disagree though. I think the current management setup might just be the answer. All of them know what is is to be part of a successful Norwich City team. No doubt they''ll instill into any incoming players what they expect of a player wearing our shirt, and I doubt in includes half-arsed showings in front of a 20k+ crowd in L1.

[quote user="OTBC"]Agree with the sentiment of this thread, but come on guys....Andy Hughes. Passion by the bucketload....but not a player remembered with too much fondness at Carrow Road. [/quote]Depends on your perspective I suppose. He got masses of stick from certain sections of the crowd, a lot of it genuinely unwarranted yet still gave his all. Takes a big character to do that and I admire it.He may have been playing a league above his natural level to be fair, but if he was available free right now I''d consider him as a squad player.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"] None of us complained back in the "dark old days" because we knew they were out there doing their best.[/quote]Yep! We were sooo happy. That''s why cushions were thrown on the pitch on a regular basis! We''ve always been wailing, whingeing, whining and whimpering for as long as I can remember. It''s just easier to remember the best bits though.[/quote]

This is not a thread for you merchants of doom.

Nor grumpy old City Stand cushion tossers.[/quote]Just had to bring a bit of realism to the thread. You and Cluck of all people getting optimistic about the coming season, whatever next? [;)]

[/quote]

I''m not being optimistic...just nostalgic.

Cushions on the pitch?.... Don''t tell me you didn''t enjoy it all. If nothing else it showed that the "grassroot" supporters of the day had the bottle to openly protest. Would this poncey lot do it now? No they wouldn''t.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"] None of us complained back in the "dark old days" because we knew they were out there doing their best.[/quote]Yep! We were sooo happy. That''s why cushions were thrown on the pitch on a regular basis! We''ve always been wailing, whingeing, whining and whimpering for as long as I can remember. It''s just easier to remember the best bits though.[/quote]

This is not a thread for you merchants of doom.

Nor grumpy old City Stand cushion tossers.[/quote]Just had to bring a bit of realism to the thread. You and Cluck of all people getting optimistic about the coming season, whatever next? [;)]

[/quote]

I guess that''s called ''doing a nutty'', eh Lappy.

I am not expressing ''optimism about the coming season'' on this thread.

Rather I have merely sought to explain what would make me optimistic.

Two entirely different things.

(I confidently expect to get misquoted and misrepresented about this thread in a few months time by one or more of the usual suspects. But, I guess, that''s par for the course here).

OTBC

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

A squad of 100% triers.

Nothing like it to stir the crowd, inspire the county - and get this club moving in the right direction.

Easier said than done - but a target well worth pursuing. In my view anyway.

Anybody agree?

OTBC

[/quote]

Not often I find myself agreeing with you, but fair play.

Despite being labeled by some as a board apologist, I''ve found the last 2 or 3 seasons frankly depressing at times and of course a lot of the blame has to be laid at their door. The buck has to stop somewhere.

Too many times over the last couple of years I''ve walked away from Carra Rud shaking my head and bemoaning the fact that we weren''t even in the game. I can take a loss from a better team on the chin if we''ve had a good go at them, but last season in particular was bloody hard going at times.

Here''s the bit where we probably disagree though. I think the current management setup might just be the answer. All of them know what is is to be part of a successful Norwich City team. No doubt they''ll instill into any incoming players what they expect of a player wearing our shirt, and I doubt in includes half-arsed showings in front of a 20k+ crowd in L1.

[/quote]

No disagreement about the management set-up, Herb.

In fact, I think I may have been the one who coined the term Team Gunn.

I wish them all the very best.

It is the club leadership that is catastrophic and upsets me.

OTBC