Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

According to this, between us, Colchester and Brighton for Micky Nelson

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/hufc/Hartley-set-to-replace-Pools.5324337.jp

Any thoughts? He fits the bill; experienced League One central defender; captain of his former club, not particularly old either. I don''t know much more about him though. Anyone seen him play?

[/quote]All of them are southern clubs which suggests that location isn''t a problem for him, probably down to who will offer him the best deal.  You''d have to say that if we are in for him, and lose out, that it doesn''t bode well.  But - do Colchester have to completely rebuild ?  Or can they afford to make him their "star player" for star money, while he would likely be of first team, but not best paid status here.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

Any thoughts? He fits the bill; experienced League One central defender; captain of his former club, not particularly old either. I don''t know much more about him though. Anyone seen him play?

[/quote]

All of them are southern clubs which suggests that location isn''t a problem for him, probably down to who will offer him the best deal.  You''d have to say that if we are in for him, and lose out, that it doesn''t bode well.  But - do Colchester have to completely rebuild ?  Or can they afford to make him their "star player" for star money, while he would likely be of first team, but not best paid status here.
[/quote]

U''s manager says he is looking to bring in "four or five players".  Others will be shipped out, I think.  Nelson very good League One defender - big powerful bloke and good in the air.  Butterworth will obviously know of him.  If the story is true could be a replacement this end for Baldwin who is stalling over his contract at the moment.

Months of this stuff to go.  We shall see.[:P]

If we can''t beat that lot to the signature of a player we want we may as well give up now.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]All of them are southern clubs which suggests that location isn''t a problem for him, probably down to who will offer him the best deal.  You''d have to say that if we are in for him, and lose out, that it doesn''t bode well.  But - do Colchester have to completely rebuild ?  Or can they afford to make him their "star player" for star money, while he would likely be of first team, but not best paid status here.[/quote]

U''s manager says he is looking to bring in "four or five players".  Others will be shipped out, I think.  Nelson very good League One defender - big powerful bloke and good in the air.  Butterworth will obviously know of him.  If the story is true could be a replacement this end for Baldwin who is stalling over his contract at the moment.

Months of this stuff to go.  We shall see.[:P]

[/quote]Baldwin''s a player I like and wouldn''t mind seeing playing for Norwich this coming season. Out of the three clubs mentioned surely Nelson would choose the Canaries, bigger club, bigger ground, support and (hopefully) more likely to be challenging for promotion!