Sign in to follow this  
MasterNagus

No option

A lot has been written about the famous three, and Hucks in particular. Will they stay? Can they stay? Can the club afford to make them stay?

My question would be: Can the club afford not to let them stay?

Ten years we have been stuck in this division, each year the ''one season only'' Chase era quote reverbarating around Carrow Road, getting louder and louder with each successive season of mid table mediocrity. The last couple of years it''s started to get better and took us to within a penalty shoot out of the Premiership.

Since Cardiff, the squard has been strengthened, and now, with the further addition of Hucks, Crouch and Harper, the playing staff is as good as its been since Walker''s European days. On Saturday at Walsall, the team looked like genuine champions, and thats the first time Ive been able to say that hand on heart, since we were relegated. That is an impartial assessment of a football fan, not the hotheaded response of a Norwich fan.

Unbeaten at home, scoring goals, solid defensivly, best keeper in the league, flair, pace, movement, and a team on the verge of something - a real chance of leaving this league and its Muscats behind us.

And what''s going to happen? We''re going to let the team break up. Just like the Euro team broke up. And we all know what happened there.

Yes, I know the financial arguments, and I have no answers. Im not an accountant, it''s not my money or business on the line. What I do know however is that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. It''s time to gamble. It''s time to get credit. It''s time to beg, steal and borrow.
The rewards are too big, and too tantalisingly close not to take that gamble.

The other option is to let the team break up and walk away. Harper and Crouch can head back to their respective reserve teams, Hucks will go off on another loan and lend a hand in getting someone like West Brom automatic promotion. Meanwhile, City will finish somewhere between 8th and 13th, and the new stand will look lovely half empty.

There really is not an option, is there?

Ah, I see Master Nagus is applying the 131st rule of Aquasition! (Vovager Fans will no doubt understand) You are being irresponsible with your idea of spend now, to accumilate and make a profit later!.

How dare you even suggest that us City fans have a right to expect Premership football. when our wonderful board are preaching caution from every direction.

You even dare to suggest that THEY back Nigels judgement and lofty ambitions for the club. Why can''t you just be satisfised with exciting games in midwinter against the likes of the Stokes and Bradfords!.

Who wants to see Manchester United and Liverpool being humbled at Carrow Road?, thats right, I FLIPPING WELL DO!.

If you have''nt ''twiged'' it yet, I doth jest, all your points are valid, well constructed and argued, and I just pray the money men agree, because this is too big an opportunity to waste. And I for one can''t face another season of broken dreams, and this awful division.

We need to get Huckerby, we will be a compelately different team without him.
HELLO NCFC BOARD PLEASE INVEST SOME ''REAL'' MONEY, I CALL 300K WHAT A 3RD DIV CLUB SHOULD HAVE, NOT A CLUB THAT GETS SELL OUTS ALL THE TIME.
ALSO PLZ, PLZ, PLZ NCFC BOARD STOP USING ITV DIGITAL EXCUSE, IT''S GETTING OLD.

I think you guys are spot on. We have got to take a chance one day and why not now. with what we have at the moment we can beat anyone in this league. If we did let the loan players all go back then why did we get them in just to get enough points in the bag before christmas?. With the new stand the only way to fill it is with players like hucks who exite. With such a great start it would be a shame in december when the loan players are due to go back to see the season just fizzle out with mid table finish. Look what charlton have achieved and the dream seems possible.
on the ball city!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, what utter drivel.

Quote number 1
"PLEASE INVEST SOME ''REAL'' MONEY"

Where pray tell does this ''real'' money come from?

Quote number 2
"STOP USING ITV DIGITAL EXCUSE, IT''S GETTING OLD."

Maybe, but it''s still valid. The ITV fiasco hit every single Nationwide club. You only have to look at the vast number of clubs that have gone into administration since, and compare it to the number that did the same before and it''s obvious that it''s still having an effect.