Sign in to follow this  
Farkes The Herald Angels

ANOTHER WARNING: NOT REALLY SERIOUS, BUT SORT OF...NOT...MAYBE

I think relegation is going to be fun (if it happens)

Come on.... who cares really

It''s only football

And anyone who says something like Bill Shankly once said needs to be examined (Google it if you can''t remember)

We''ll lose money, good players will desert, smart-alec posters will say things like ''wake up and smell the coffee'' (???) - the whole thing will seem like a disaster for about 5 minutes and dooooom and glooooom will abound.

But - honestly - I really don''t mind

It''s my team, has been for 40 years, since 2-1 home win to Cardiff when someone threw pink toilet role into the Cardiff goalkeeper''s net (was their goalkeeper called Irwin?....footie nerds please advise)

I don''t want to be relegated out of choice

Rather be playing Blackburn and losing 7-1 and being the only team ever to come 3rd in The Prem with a negative goal difference, but if it''s 1-1 away to Dagenham & Redbridge or Woking or Kings Lynn in the 16th round of the Inter-Useless Crap Team''s Cup, so what

It''s still the chance to shout and abuse referees and the owner and everyone else. And still the chance to hope for better things.....

Even if we have no money and no talent and no decent players

IT''S STILL OUR CLUB (YOUR CLUB), SO SHUT UP MOAMNING AND ENJOY THE RIDE, UP OR DOWN

Thank you

[quote user="Kevin Keelan"]

I think relegation is going to be fun (if it happens)

Come on.... who cares really

It''s only football

And anyone who says something like Bill Shankly once said needs to be examined (Google it if you can''t remember)

We''ll lose money, good players will desert, smart-alec posters will say things like ''wake up and smell the coffee'' (???) - the whole thing will seem like a disaster for about 5 minutes and dooooom and glooooom will abound.

But - honestly - I really don''t mind

It''s my team, has been for 40 years, since 2-1 home win to Cardiff when someone threw pink toilet role into the Cardiff goalkeeper''s net (was their goalkeeper called Irwin?....footie nerds please advise)

I don''t want to be relegated out of choice

Rather be playing Blackburn and losing 7-1 and being the only team ever to come 3rd in The Prem with a negative goal difference, but if it''s 1-1 away to Dagenham & Redbridge or Woking or Kings Lynn in the 16th round of the Inter-Useless Crap Team''s Cup, so what

It''s still the chance to shout and abuse referees and the owner and everyone else. And still the chance to hope for better things.....

Even if we have no money and no talent and no decent players

IT''S STILL OUR CLUB (YOUR CLUB), SO SHUT UP MOAMNING AND ENJOY THE RIDE, UP OR DOWN

Thank you

[/quote]

[:|][:^)]

I do agree with this... but i think the big thing that is hurting is purely the pride.. giving scum the satisfaction of us being relegated makes me feel sick, and so does the thought of the stick from ignorant glory hunters.

For me its not just the pride of the football club either, its the pride of Norwich as a city, and norfolk as a county. its such a beautiful place in comparason to most places in this country, and it just deserves more than a league one football team.