Sign in to follow this  
R40TBC

One nil up, bossing the game, then

Fotheringham does an unnecessary flick, losing position; then Clingan passes across the pitch behind the defence losing the attacking momentum; then Otsemobor does a basic schoolboy error and heads the ball infield to their midfield player and its one one! Same thing happened against Southampton - coasting and we start to do fancy flicks; Hoolihan and Russell continually giving the ball to the oppenents; inititive lost and 2 more points gone.In other words stop blaming the central defenders and goalkeeper and trace the lost possession back - its there where we are losing it and exposing ourselves.Also why take off our two best players yesterday (Cort and Hoolihan)? Were we happy with the point? Questionable tactics from a niave/nervous management team - does not bode well and reiforces my view that Gunn''s promotion a PR exercise to soften the blow of relegation. What''s this about the 26th March and administration? Is it right that before this date we lose only 15 points this season but after 15 points next season as well? Charlton, Southampton and Watford also in this predicamant!

True true we have far to many times this season been on top in games and had the chances to win ... then blown it! I blame it on not having a good enough striker and Hoolihan giving the ball away (btw i told you so after 20 mins of the Coverntry game!!!)Lets hope things can only get better and with Court improving consistantly (injury free touch wood) we will have to see!

Thanks for responding son; after over 300 hits I hoped someone might feel an expression/opinion on my views was worthy!!! By the way why were you on the internet when you should have been studying? Wait till I get home!

your right , ive said all along we dont  have a out and out striker.

burnleys goal average is +11 , better than ours.

they are sitting outside the playoff , we are in relegation trouble .

if we had a striker who had scored 10-15 goals for us this season, we would be up there .

the writting was on the wall when evens went back , and dion retired .

if we had gone out and bought a experienced championship striker from the start of the season , we wouldnt be in this mess we are in now.

roeder didnt help , but i feel the board have overlooked the obvious.

[quote user="Red Canary"]Hoolihan giving the ball away (btw i told you so after 20 mins of the Coverntry game!!!
[/quote]

While i don''t deny Wes does give the ball away it''s a bit harsh to blame him for the mess we''re in, he''s easily our most creative player and will be a quality player for us if we find the right formation to use him in. IMO play him off big Carl Cort and put Carney on the left. Thus Wes can weave his magic without putting the defense under too much pressure.

[quote user="Red Canary"]True true we have far to many times this season been on top in games and had the chances to win ... then blown it!
I blame it on not having a good enough striker and Hoolihan giving the ball away (btw i told you so after 20 mins of the Coverntry game!!!)
Lets hope things can only get better and with Court improving consistantly (injury free touch wood) we will have to see!
[/quote]

It''s mainly because our defence is so flimsy/badly organised in my opinion.