Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

What's your favourite pre/post-match pub - (home and away)?

In Norwich, mine are either the Coach and Horses (Thorpe Rd) or Lloyds No.1 (not the best, but it''s near and handy for Carrow Rd!). Away, mine is probably The Strawberry in Newcastle. I''m sure you can all come up with far more inspired choices than that. There are still some lovely little traditional boozers dotted around the countryside - despite the fact that the pub is becoming a bit of an endangered species.

Also, does anybody have any amusing or interesting anecdotes to relate, as regards the pre/post-match pint?

[quote user="bryan baldie baldric"]was the rosary, now go in the jube...
and away from home?
always the fat cat in Sheffield or popping into see Andrew at the Larling Angel.
[/quote]

Is the Rosary still closed or has it reopened?

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]

[quote user="bryan baldie baldric"]was the rosary, now go in the jube...and away from home?always the fat cat in Sheffield or popping into see Andrew at the Larling Angel. [/quote]

Is the Rosary still closed or has it reopened?

[/quote]still closedas far as im aware, enterprise are trying to sell it as a freehold. but in this climate there wont be many takers....

The Rose Tavern, when I was a season ticket holder and lived local I always had a pre match Adnams or two, now I''m an exile no Adnams but a range of Norfolk and Suffolk beers and superb sausages or burgers, sets me up nicely for the torment I have to ensure for the next 90 minutes!

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]

In Norwich, mine are either the Coach and Horses (Thorpe Rd) or Lloyds No.1 (not the best, but it''s near and handy for Carrow Rd!). Away, mine is probably The Strawberry in Newcastle. I''m sure you can all come up with far more inspired choices than that. There are still some lovely little traditional boozers dotted around the countryside - despite the fact that the pub is becoming a bit of an endangered species.

Also, does anybody have any amusing or interesting anecdotes to relate, as regards the pre/post-match pint?

[/quote]Alway quality. Good memories of this pub

Went to Bristol City game. Their pub is " Robins Nest ? " It said  " home supporters " only so I asked a Bristol fan if we would get served. He said " just say you are from Norwich and you can''t read " So we did and we did ! [:)]

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Went to Bristol City game. Their pub is " Robins Nest ? " It said  " home supporters " only so I asked a Bristol fan if we would get served. He said " just say you are from Norwich and you can''t read " So we did and we did ! [:)][/quote]yeah i went in therehad sharps doombar (my fave) and the locals were ok.