Sign in to follow this  
Zyyb

David Bell sold for..

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]From what i understand, Coventry paid Luton the remainder of what we owed them plus gave us 150,000. Cant work out if its good business or not to be honest.[/quote]I''d say bad business.But at the same time, it''s another want-away gone, annnnnnnd another player off our wage bill.

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]From what i understand, Coventry paid Luton the remainder of what we owed them plus gave us 150,000. Cant work out if its good business or not to be honest.[/quote]Well if you deduct the cost of six months wages, the costs of fairly extensive injury treatments and the original lump sum we probably paid for him I guess it wouldn''t be particularly good business.Thing is none of us know with any accuracy any of the sums involved so it''s all speculation at best.What we do know is that Coleman was trying to unsettle Bell at least as far back as early December and I would have thought we have very good grounds for litigation against Coventry.With a Solicitor on the Board who coincidentally is on the Board of the Football League there can be no possibility of pleading ignorance of this offence being committed against us.Failure to act in pursuit of much needed compensation implies to me that all is not as it seems at our end.

[quote user="Philipo87"][quote user="venta icenorum"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Philipo87"][quote user="Zyyb"]

[quote user="Philipo87"]Total rubbish. NCFC use Natwest for their banking![/quote]

Where that may be true, ALL championship and the Premiership clubs use Barclays as Escrow, a holding account for player transfers.

[/quote]

What do leagues 1 and 2 use?

[/quote]

League Two are still on Postal Orders.

[/quote]

Wrong!  That''s league 1.  League 2 take their coppers to the change counting machines at supermarkets and pay by Tesco credit notes.
[/quote][:D][:D]

Still that''s a vast improvement on the Scottish system of a year or two ago involving a simple barter system of turnips which led to such confusion that on a couple of occasions we actually played the turnip in our starting lineup instead of the player.
[/quote]

LOL!

Didn''t the England team used to be managed by a turnip?

[/quote]

Good posts here.

Anyone remember that Carling or Carlsberg advert where they sold the beer for 2 groates (?spelling) and a turnip. Pretty sure Ron Atkinson was in it.

[/quote]

Found it.. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nrGa5JM9GjE