Sign in to follow this  
grinner

goal posts moved

no they''ve just decided to leave to posts slightly of centre to help out the left wingers

I had a look at the pitch Thursday night just before going to the comedy club and it looked in excellent condition. It looks as though its a couple of metres closer to the South stand. In a tribute to Paul McVeigh the goalposts have not only been moved, they have been replaced with jumpers. Marvellous isn''t it, um?

I don''t think the pitch was going to be made any wider. Its just being moved across (therefore the goals have to be moved across accordingly). This is why the Jarrold stand was built quite a long way back from the pitch. The decision was made on the basis that our next development on the stadium would likely be another tier on the City stand, and if the pitch hadn''t been moved out then due to the necessary gradient of the stands you wouldn''t have been able to see the touchline from part of the upper tier apparently.

The whole pitch has been moved a metre towards the south stand, goals and all. So a slightly bigger warm up track in front of the city stand - and presumably proper ''technical areas''. I agther they''ve also lowered the Barclay end by about a foot, because it sloped up from the River end before!

So we never had a level playing field. No wonder it took us 9 years to get promoted!