Assuming Roeder goes, and the next manager takes us down (because Roeder has destroyed the club, and no destroyed club can stay up can it?)

How long would people give the next manager before he should go?

I''m just curious because after Grant (who destroyed the club), would people have said at that time "nothing less than staying up this season and then being in the top 6 next season will do" ??

I guess I''m asking, what are the real expectations? Who really thinks that there is a queue of people waiting to invest, a top-flight manager who is desperate to come to Norwich (and who isn''t currently unemployed because he failed at his last club), and that Father Christmas is real?

My take: like him or not, I think we have to give Roeder a couple more years to build a side. Suppose we stay up this season like we did last (i.e. just), then in the summer 2 or 3 more decent players like Bell and Clingan are added, and then only 2 or 3 loans next season, then I would call that forward progress, steady building. We might even see a couple of youth players break through next year.

Or, the Tooth Fairy will leave a billion pounds under Delia''s pillow and we''ll do a Man City.

the board should sell they''ll make money and the may have a future if its owned by the fans (did i say a future i league football?) but at least thre will be passion

if roeder was sacked...and if we did go down under new management...next season promotion back to the championship would have to be the least i personaly would expect

i would just like to see NCFC players in the yellow and green not every other teams fringe players...lita the exception..and not being near the foot of the table

roeder has to go...and that is voiced by alot of people on here...some are still blind thinking we must give him more time

he has taken the gamble on loan players and it just hasnt paid off

imo we have some very good players at the club...just roeder isnt getting the best out of them...hopefully another manager would

Whilst I lament Roeder''s attitude at times. And whilst I am bemused at some appaling man managment issues and selection policies....and whilst under normal circumstances I would back his removal- I do feel at this moment in time we should keep him

The reason being that we desperately need some stability. If we chop the manager again then the new guy will get rid of Roeder''s bunch install his own and we go back to a situation of changing, selling, losing money etc... look at clubs that always chop and change and you do not find good results - Leicester are a prime example. Look at succesful clubs and they have long term appointments. Rome was not built in a day and this club needs -as has been pointed out- a couple more bolted on next year and so on and so forth. After all it took Nigel a few seasons to get us up doing just that. He built a side slowly and only got the teeth (Hucks and co) in the big push season.

I say keep our heads and keep Roedy- we need less knee jerk and more slow bake. And I honestly do not think we have the capitol or pulling power to get anyone better if I am honest. Comparable maybe but not better.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

Whilst I lament Roeder''s attitude at times. And whilst I am bemused at some appaling man managment issues and selection policies....and whilst under normal circumstances I would back his removal- I do feel at this moment in time we should keep him

The reason being that we desperately need some stability. If we chop the manager again then the new guy will get rid of Roeder''s bunch install his own and we go back to a situation of changing, selling, losing money etc... look at clubs that always chop and change and you do not find good results - Leicester are a prime example. Look at succesful clubs and they have long term appointments. Rome was not built in a day and this club needs -as has been pointed out- a couple more bolted on next year and so on and so forth. After all it took Nigel a few seasons to get us up doing just that. He built a side slowly and only got the teeth (Hucks and co) in the big push season.

I say keep our heads and keep Roedy- we need less knee jerk and more slow bake. And I honestly do not think we have the capitol or pulling power to get anyone better if I am honest. Comparable maybe but not better.

[/quote]NOT BETTER THAN 4TH FROM BOTTOM MANAGEMENT?????? please explain!!!

larry is right most sensible, balanced posters have long abandoned this board, i''ve returned briefly to see how tragic it has become and I lament the roeder out brigade to the same degree as roeder himself, who is an idiot at times (but maybe because he''s been burnt badly by fans before as Dennis suggested on MFW, altough we''re not going very far to prove him wrong are we), but man for man (almost) the squad has improved.. oh i give up. noone capable of digesting intelligent argument will read this and change their minds. I wish there was an alternative to this board, anyone know of one?

[quote user="Amarillo"]

Assuming Roeder goes, and the next manager takes us down (because Roeder has destroyed the club, and no destroyed club can stay up can it?)

How long would people give the next manager before he should go?

I''m just curious because after Grant (who destroyed the club), would people have said at that time "nothing less than staying up this season and then being in the top 6 next season will do" ??

I guess I''m asking, what are the real expectations? Who really thinks that there is a queue of people waiting to invest, a top-flight manager who is desperate to come to Norwich (and who isn''t currently unemployed because he failed at his last club), and that Father Christmas is real?

My take: like him or not, I think we have to give Roeder a couple more years to build a side. Suppose we stay up this season like we did last (i.e. just), then in the summer 2 or 3 more decent players like Bell and Clingan are added, and then only 2 or 3 loans next season, then I would call that forward progress, steady building. We might even see a couple of youth players break through next year.

Or, the Tooth Fairy will leave a billion pounds under Delia''s pillow and we''ll do a Man City.

[/quote]

Could I refer you to my new website www.nextmanagerout.co.uk ?