Sign in to follow this  
Green&Yellow Fan

simon charlton.

we need to get a central defender in quick , cause charlton got lots of experience but he would be better right back or left back , i was watching a game on sky last season and he played centre back for bolton and he never won the ball in the air once and both of the oppostion goals where headers which simon was marking , i''am not having a go at simon even know he had a brillaint pre-season at centre back but how did peterboroughs goal come from a header which simon couldn''t get to it.

I think the goal scored by Peterborough was scored partly because Holty didn''t jump with his marker in front of goal and not because of Charlton who had run to the edge of the box marking his man. Please correct me if I''m wrong, but that''s how I remember it.

How many truly aerial based strikers are there in the prem? Beattie, Shearer, Crouch,
D Ferguson (£60k pw - how/why??) And how many teams rely on route one footie?

Not many - Simon Charlton has proved himself at this level. Much concern over nothing in my opinion. Give the bloke a chance.

OTBC

You beat me to it ZLF - and Ferguson isn''t fit often enough to worry about anyway. I expect to see a ''horses for courses'' approach from Worthy anyway, and Malky to play in those games.....

If I remember right, Kenton wasn''t the tallest, but seemed able to leap like a salmon, and was certainly difficult to beat. Height isn''t everything, otherwise the tall fullbacks in lower divisions would all be knocking on the door of the Prem. Timing and positioning etc are at least as important...?

I can''t help but laugh a bit though. Half the summer was spent saying Malky isn''t up to the job, too slow etc. So in comes Charlton. Now there''s a big debate that says Charlton isn''t up to the job, Malky had better start on Saturday.

Ama