Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Sell Greeno!

Now before I go any further I want to state that I think big RG is the best keeper we have had in years, but looking at it objectively I think it is fair to say that Greeno will be walking away from City at the end of his contract if we are not in the Premiership anyway, so lets make sure we maximise his value now. Obviously the best option would be to keep the existing team and add to it but its the old cash issue which I really do not see changing just to keep these loan players. Greeno would command more than Hucks value so we should get some sizeable cash along with Hucks, thats good business baring in mind how much talent has left this club for sod all in the past. We use that money to buy Crouch and Harper and sign a new keeper. Sorry, but free scoring exciting forwards are thinner on the ground than onion bag guarders and it is a case of weighing up what you need first, so this is the best case scenario. I would love Green to stay, but I also want Premiership football and on paper selling him now makes more sense. Bummer, but true?

I''m afraid Lord V, he has a point. Have already posted this under "Big Send Off" but to save you looking there...

"i think Worthy''s comments earlier in the week re Greeny, leave the door slightly open for a deal with Man City. Hucks for Greeno AND a fair few quid. NW said RG would not be leaving without considerable finacial benefit to the club. That''s quite a change of stance to when he was last asked about it. I would be gutted to see Greeny go, he is God, but with the sensible hat on, i think a deal like that (say Huckerby and £2m+) would be difficult to say no to and could take the club forward.
Whatever happens, December will represent a major step change in the NW revolution - could be for the better, could be for the worse. I for one, can''t wait much longer to find out!!"

Face it, it makes business sense. He would be the first player since Bellamy that we''ve made money on, decent money, and would pave the way for a goalscorer if the loanees left. We simply don''t have one now that Iwan is no longer able to fire in 20 a season. And they cost money. Keepers are much cheaper. Sure, we won''t get one like the one we have now, but the overall benefit will be positive i think.

No mate, City through and through. Believe me selling Green is the worst case scenario, but when he walks on a free and people come on this site and chuck a mental, look back to the day Hucks walked away and we had no alternative and turned down the chance to cash in. We are, like it or lump it, a feeder club, and unless the board splash the cash and prove something different and their premiership desires we will remian just that, so we may as well get money as that is what they are goverened by. In the past we have groomed fantatstic talent and then let it go for jack s***. Kenton, Marshall (well, fantatsic-ish) We could have got £4m for Keith O''Neil and look what happened there. Ipswich supporter my ass, just want the best for the club, and all the keep Huckerby campaigners out there better realise that if city do want to keep him something will have to give. Greeno aint going to be here forever, and the only reason he will stay is if we are in the Premiership, so its a double edged sword, we won''t get there without the loan boys but to get them we may have to give something else up...hence Greeno.

I''m afraid that all this discussion just goes to show that theres no easy answers to this dilemma, all we have to do is trust the board to do what is best, I for one trust them, I think over the last few years they have done well. As much as I don''t like it either we''ll all just have to wait and see. But I have to say, sell Greeno, I don''t think so!