Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Would a defeat at Bristol help City?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Regime Change"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

In the long run that is?.

A heavy defeat would surely put more pressure on to Smith & Jones before the AGM, and create yet more pressure on a failing Tinkerman Roeder.

I don''t wish it, or indeed crave for it ( if I did I would Hex our lads!) but thinking in the long term good for the club, finally getting rid of the Stowmarket Two and GR might just revive the club.

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]

They already want to sell. Any "pressure" needs to be applied to Cullum to stop using the club for PR and to put his money where his mouth is, so that we can actually move forward.

[/quote]

B*******!

Any takeover has to be in the best interests of the football.  We shouldn''t be expecting Cullum to invest in the St Delia of Prudence Retirement Fund.

[/quote]

No,we expect to him invest in NCFC to REPLACE Delia.So where is he if he is such a "lifelong fan"? The club is on the ropes,and worth less than a year ago,so why doesn''t he make a move? Just put aside your mindless hatred of Delia and actually look critically at St Peter of Towergate for a moment.You may not like what you see.

[/quote]

PC has made a move - twice in fact - and nothing has come of it.  It takes two to tango. 

Did D&M not get the club for a bargain basement price?  That''s how these things work.

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Regime Change"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

A heavy defeat would surely put more pressure on to Smith & Jones before the AGM, and create yet more pressure on a failing Tinkerman Roeder.

I don''t wish it, or indeed crave for it ( if I did I would Hex our lads!) but thinking in the long term good for the club, finally getting rid of the Stowmarket Two and GR might just revive the club.

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]

They already want to sell. Any "pressure" needs to be applied to Cullum to stop using the club for PR and to put his money where his mouth is, so that we can actually move forward.

[/quote]

B*******!

Any takeover has to be in the best interests of the football.  We shouldn''t be expecting Cullum to invest in the St Delia of Prudence Retirement Fund.

[/quote]

No,we expect to him invest in NCFC to REPLACE Delia.So where is he if he is such a "lifelong fan"? The club is on the ropes,and worth less than a year ago,so why doesn''t he make a move? Just put aside your mindless hatred of Delia and actually look critically at St Peter of Towergate for a moment.You may not like what you see.

[/quote]

PC has made a move - twice in fact - and nothing has come of it.  It takes two to tango. 

Did D&M not get the club for a bargain basement price?  That''s how these things work.

[/quote]

Fair point,Strawberry, but my original comment was  related to Wiz''s remark about forcing D&M out.I have no problem with Cullum negotiating a fair market price,and certainly have no problem with him taking over,as we are clearly going nowhere at present.What does get my goat,however, is the tendency of certain posters to blame Delia exclusively for the fact that she is still in place when,as you rightly say,it takes two to tango.The woman has said she wants to sell and has the same  right to try to negotiate a decent price as any prospective buyer.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Apart from Wiz, has anybody actually said they WANT them to loose?

... I certaintly don''t

[/quote]I named this thread ''Would a defeat at Bristol help City?''

I did not name it ''I wish City to lose at Bristol''

An apology would be nice Shaun!   [:|]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Regime Change"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

B*******!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair point,Strawberry, but my original comment was  related to Wiz''s remark about forcing D&M out.I have no problem with Cullum negotiating a fair market price,and certainly have no problem with him taking over,as we are clearly going nowhere at present.What does get my goat,however, is the tendency of certain posters to blame Delia exclusively for the fact that she is still in place when,as you rightly say,it takes two to tango.The woman has said she wants to sell and has the same  right to try to negotiate a decent price as any prospective buyer.

[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification Beauseant.  In general I agree, but I''m not sure what you mean by "a fair market price".  In any financial transaction the buyer wants to pay as little as possible and the seller wants to get as much as possible.  "Fairness" doesn''t come into it unfortunately. 

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Regime Change"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

B*******!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification Beauseant.  In general I agree, but I''m not sure what you mean by "a fair market price".  In any financial transaction the buyer wants to pay as little as possible and the seller wants to get as much as possible.  "Fairness" doesn''t come into it unfortunately. 

[/quote]

I''m not sure what I mean either, to be honest lol! I suppose that it comes down to whatever the two parties can agree on,and,as you righly say,fairness has little to do with it! Basically ,I want to see a change of regime for the good of the club,but my innate sense of fairness wants to see Delia get a reasonable (and don''t ask me to define that,either!) deal for her involvement over the years.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]

Are you serious? No decent fan of this club would wish a heavy defeat for any reason.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]

Are you serious? No decent fan of this club would wish a heavy defeat for any reason.

[/quote]

Now MMM you will incur the wizards wrath if you suggest he wishes a heavy defeat. Then he will demand an apology that you could even think that of him. It''s obvious that his post was designed to show how badly he wants us to win every game. Why else would he make a thread suggesting it could be for the long term good of the club if we lost?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now MMM you will incur the wizards wrath if you suggest he wishes a heavy defeat. Then he will demand an apology that you could even think that of him. It''s obvious that his post was designed to show how badly he wants us to win every game. Why else would he make a thread suggesting it could be for the long term good of the club if we lost?

[/quote]

Exactly Nutty, it''s mischief making at it''s best.

How many Percy''s are saying let''s hope we win the next 6 so the pressure will be off the board and manager ?

I''ll answer that one for you Wiz, the answer is none, but, we all hope the club does well, irrespective of who the board and manager are. After all thats what being a supporter is all about.

Jesus - have you got alzheimer''s or something?  You come up with the same crap every game and its really boring.  Im all for people expressing their opinion but listening to you is worse than watching Big Brother...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My sincere apologies. How could I have been so blind to the true inference in Wiz''s postings? I mean I thought initially he wanted a "heavy defeat" as it "helps centre peoples minds wayne, and gives the buggers sitting on the fence a slight prod!. "

But no, obviously I misinterpretted these direct quotes as a show of support. How stupid of me!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My sincere apologies. How could I have been so blind to the true inference in Wiz''s postings? I mean I thought initially he wanted a "heavy defeat" as it "helps centre peoples minds wayne, and gives the buggers sitting on the fence a slight prod!. "

But no, obviously I misinterpretted these direct quotes as a show of support. How stupid of me!

[/quote]

Easy mistake to make MMM. The man''s subtlety is exquisite![:D]

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Romantic"]I have to say - this is getting really silly and disappointing. Firstly - are posters sure that their threads are motivated by anything other than mischief, ego or boredom? [/quote]

You answer yor own question. This thread is much the same as the "would it be good if we lost the next 6 games?" one. Presumably didn''t get enough replies. [:$]
[/quote]

...I supose we''ll get one of these before every away game.

Would a defeat at Derby help (to be posted before 28th Oct)

Would a defeat at Burnley help (to be posted before 1 Nov)

Would a defeat at Nottingham Forest help (to be posted before 22 Nov)

There you go Wiz - just cut and paste.

And the answer (as always) is, don''t be a pillock.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Romantic"]I have to say - this is getting really silly and disappointing. Firstly - are posters sure that their threads are motivated by anything other than mischief, ego or boredom? [/quote]

You answer yor own question. This thread is much the same as the "would it be good if we lost the next 6 games?" one. Presumably didn''t get enough replies. [:$]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Says the man who can''t think up an original username![:D][:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]wiz you are one of the reasons why this club is in such a poor state and im fed up with everything that is going on at our club and i wont be renewing my seson ticket next season enough is enough.

[quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]wiz you are one of the reasons why this club is in such a poor state and im fed up with everything that is going on at our club and i wont be renewing my seson ticket next season enough is enough.

[/quote]

Ah, so now its all my fault..................again![:S]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]