Sign in to follow this  
ForeverYellow

Hmmmm

I reckon we have signed Sibi on loan until January because in January we have the chance to buy Iverson, due to the Norwegian league ending in November.

Rosenberg will have 2 months from November - January to find a replacement for him.

I reckon Roeder has a plan here and has only signed a loan player because he has his heart set on signing Iverson!

I thought this part was worth a thought:

''And by the time that the January transfer window re-opens, Rosenborg''s season will have finished and a certain Steffen Iversen may well be up for grabs.''

For once the midnight hour is worth waiting for as Roeder slams ''Sibi'' into that big sit vac...

Mon 1 Sep 08

"People will make assumptions because you have arrived on a free transfer. But I think that Sibi has been brilliant since he came in. Every time the manager has called on him, he has delivered."

Sibierski was understood to be on the verge of agreeing a new deal with Roeder at St James'' only for the ruling Shepherd clan to boot the City boss out of the door and usher in the ill-fated reign of ''Big Sam''. At which point Sibierski disappeared over the Pennines to the JJB.

The fact that most have him down as a midfielder simply reflects the fact that the one-time Manchester City favourite is one of those that can drift into that ''in-between'' space between the forward line and the holding midfielder. And chip in with the odd, vital goal.

Given that Roeder will now have the in-form Russell, skipper Mark Fotheringham and Sammy Clingan fighting for those two central berths, Sibierski will be employed as a central striker that likes to drop off; invariably with his back to goal; he''ll link that central forward area together - and, above all, give the Canaries the kind of aerial presence they so clearly lack.

That''s the theory; how well Roeder, Sibierski and Norwich manage to put it into practice will do so much to determine the fate of the Canaries'' season.

The Wigan striker''s name crossed Roeder''s lips last January when he was quizzed as to whether he would be poring over a fax machine come the midnight hour - midnight on the 31st of January in this case.

"If you''re doing that, very rarely do you get what you want," said Roeder, speaking last January.

"Mind you, at Newcastle 18 months ago I signed Antoine Sibierski 20 minutes before the deadline and it turned out to be the best free transfer of last season - along with Sol Campbell. But it''s pretty unusual that."

Speaking to the Edinburgh Evening News on the Latics pre-season tour north of the border, Sibierski unwittingly pointed to the likely cause of his own exit tonight - Steve Bruce''s eye for a player. In particular, the on-loan Egyptian Amr Zaki.

"The manager has signed some very good players, I see them in training every day and can see that they''re very talented footballers," said the Frenchman. "Our new striker Amr Zaki looks like the kind of player we need... he just thinks all the time about scoring goals..."

Indeed he does. His sweet double on Saturday in the 5-0 demolition of the hapless Tigers made it four in four for the 25-year-old enabling Latics boss Bruce to sanction today''s loan move - despite the on-gong speculation that Emile Heskey might be bound for either Aston Villa or Tottenham on a night of high drama ahead of tonight''s summer deadline.

At least it was in Manchester...

[quote user="AndyJR"]

''And by the time that the January transfer window re-opens, Rosenborg''s season will have finished and a certain Steffen Iversen may well be up for grabs.''

[/quote]

he had to find one eventually

and by which time will the lack of creativity and a fit front line worth the name leaves us where in the league? 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="AndyJR"]

[/quote]

he had to find one eventually

and by which time will the lack of creativity and a fit front line worth the name leaves us where in the league? 

[/quote]The million dollar question.