Sign in to follow this  
Grant Taylor

jamie cureton !!!!

if he soon does not score a goal after missing sitter from two yards out and to penalties we badly need two strikes so we can play lupoli and ne big man.wot do you think

I think, take more care over your posts so I know exactly what you are talking about. Can you spell, do you check before posting or are you just lazy ?

I hate to say it, but Cureton seems to be somewhat of a liability.  OK, he scored around 20 for us last year, but there seems to be a concensus (sp?) that he missed at least as many what were considered easy goals.

At the same time, everyone says he scores when he has a big man to accompany him up front, but I rarely or never see the manager line the team up that way.  This frustrates me. At least give it a whirl and see wot ''appens because teaming him with a little guy or leaving him as the lone striker seems to fail more often than it works.

On my limited knowledge and exposure to this latest game, it would seem that Lupoli teamed with OJ might be the ticket for us, barring any last minute miracle signings.

I think it may be that Lupoli needs to be put on the bench from time to time so he can stew because in the games he has started, he has done a whole lot of nothing.  Saturday, he shone.  I bet he will again next week, but when he get lazy or unproductive again, pull him out. That seems (at least for this game) to be the inspiration he needs. But it''s only one game, so who REALLY knows?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

I hate to say it, but Cureton seems to be somewhat of a liability.  OK, he scored around 20 for us last year, but there seems to be a concensus (sp?) that he missed at least as many what were considered easy goals.

[/quote]

Agreed, He scored a grand total of 12 League goals from 102 shots, with only 52 of them on target! not good enough by far, and nothings changed this season by the looks of it. A decent stiker would of easily made 20+ league goals from that and what a different season we could of had!

More strange stats found here http://norwichcity.wordpress.com/2008/05/18/norwich-city-200708-the-season-in-numbers/