Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Fotheringham.

Today is the first time I have seen the new team, and I was very impressed with one of our new signings, Sammy Clingan.  He looks like he can play a good pass and he gets stuck in, but he is the same type of player to Fotheringham.  If you play one of those two you have to play a attacking striker with them, a player like Darel Russel.  Russel was brilliant today and he deserved to be in the starting line up rather than on the bench.

So what I am saying is, that you can''t play Fozzy and Clingan together they need Russel in there aswell to balance things up.  And in my opinion from what I have seen today is that Clingan is better than Fotheringham. So if I was the manager I would play Clingan and Russel and leave Fozzy on the bench.  Apart from there is a problem, Roeder has made Fotheringham captain, so he won''t drop him to the bench, and even if Roeder saw this he probably still wouldn''t drop hm because he is captain, and if you drop the captain the other players will wonder whats going on.

And I think if Roeder dosn''t put Fozzy on the bench, our strikers will have no service or chances made for them, because as you saw today when Russel came on upfront he made a huge impact, so he would do even better in midfield.  So I think if we carry on playing Fotheringham and Clingan together our midfield won''t create many chance''s and it wont win games for us (because games are won and lost in midfield) but if we play Russel and Clingan I think we will create a load more chance''s and we would have a midfield that can win us a game.  We need to drop Fozzy.

Anyone agree?

Fozzy''s main problem is he seems scared to shoot. The reason top players like Lampard and Scholes etc score so many is that they see a half chance and take it - Fozzy let several good shooting chances pass today. I can only assume we get fined for every shot on target we have!

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Fozzy''s main problem is he seems scared to shoot. The reason top players like Lampard and Scholes etc score so many is that they see a half chance and take it - Fozzy let several good shooting chances pass today. I can only assume we get fined for every shot on target we have![/quote]If his shot in the 93rd minute was anything to go by I''d rather he didn''t bother.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Fotheringham is now beginning to show everyone why he has played in the minor leagues abroad for so long. The fact that he is chosen week after week and Russell is left on the bench shows that the fact that Roeder says he doesnt have favourites is utter tosh.[/quote]

It''s Gary Holt all over again.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="ridgeman"]Fotheringham is now beginning to show everyone why he has played in the minor leagues abroad for so long. The fact that he is chosen week after week and Russell is left on the bench shows that the fact that Roeder says he doesnt have favourites is utter tosh.[/quote]

It''s Gary Holt all over again.

[/quote]

At least Holty gave something useful to the team in the way he played. I counted a handful of forward passes from Fotheringham today - the rest went sideways or backwards. Roeder must start Clingan and Russell together if we want a chance of producing a good central midfield.