Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

Just back from tonight's game against King's Lynn...

...and a few things that stood out for me:1) The trialist Nelson talks, oh boy does he talk, in fact he was very audibly barking orders CONSTANTLY throughout the match, even when the players were all in the opposision half - I kid you not! It was like the buzzing of flies and I started tuning him out, and it looked like his teamates did too, he was trying to direct them all the time, in minute detail, as if he was playing a FIFA game on his PS2 or something!2) Renton took his goal well3) No 4 in midfield and no 5 in central defense showed promise, but I freely admit I do not know these players by name, we put out a pretty unfamiliar side tonight.4) Chadwick did not stand out amongst this side that only managed a draw against a King''s Lynn that played better than us second half and I''m afraid I cannot agree with those who think of him as a better option than Croft for 1st team. He looked decidedly reserve standard tonight.5) If Eagle were any more lightweight he would, quite simply, float away.6) The beak will have worn away by the time it gets to Lappin, he''s that far down the pecking order.Mind you, I know nothing, I went to the same friendly fixture last year and thought Bally Smart was the standout player!

did you see glenn there? not against him in any way but i think he should attend these games.

I was on the opposite side of the pitch to the dugout so didn''t have a great view. I don''t think he was there though. Can anyone tell me if Paul Stephenson is a big guy? A big guy was there, he was unmissable in the dug out and was working with the players at half time. At first thought it might be the fitness guy, but I have no idea what Stephenson looks like.

Nelson is a crap goalie. I know he needs to shout instructions as a keeper but if he''s doing it all the time then he''s acting like he''s fantastic and above everyone else. Unless he was the skipper of course.

[quote user="timncfc"]did you see glenn there? not against him in any way but i think he should attend these games.[/quote]

No GR wasn''t there but Lee Clark was sitting in the stand!

I thought Renton done well, however he needs to work on his heading ability! Great physique and showed some real promise, but his heading was poor!

Chadwick and Lappin looked really P****D off tbh! I agree with the 1st post on this thread, Chadwick''s experience should''ve shone but it didn''t, as for Lappin, well his days must be very numbered at Carra Rud! Nuff said!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Nelson is a crap goalie. I know he needs to shout instructions as a keeper but if he''s doing it all the time then he''s acting like he''s fantastic and above everyone else. Unless he was the skipper of course.[/quote]Nelson wasn''t wearing an armband. If I had been playing in front of him I''d have felt very patronised."Keep hold of it... keep hold of it... keep hold of it... pass!"

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]Nelson is a crap goalie. I know he needs to shout instructions as a keeper but if he''s doing it all the time then he''s acting like he''s fantastic and above everyone else. Unless he was the skipper of course.[/quote]Nelson wasn''t wearing an armband. If I had been playing in front of him I''d have felt very patronised."Keep hold of it... keep hold of it... keep hold of it... pass!"[/quote]He sounds worse than meI tend to stick with "What the Fing Hell do you think you''re doing" aimed at a striker at the other end of the pitch.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="Crazy Eddie"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]Nelson is a crap goalie. I know he needs to shout instructions as a keeper but if he''s doing it all the time then he''s acting like he''s fantastic and above everyone else. Unless he was the skipper of course.[/quote]Nelson wasn''t wearing an armband. If I had been playing in front of him I''d have felt very patronised."Keep hold of it... keep hold of it... keep hold of it... pass!"[/quote]He sounds worse than meI tend to stick with "What the Fing Hell do you think you''re doing" aimed at a striker at the other end of the pitch.[/quote]It was like a running commentary

been around for a couple of weeks now so there must be something about him glenn likes,not that i have seen him play

I wonder what he makes of this Lazlo fella apparently signing up while he has to go through this kind of pre-season.  And still might not impress the management enough.