Sign in to follow this  
SAFU2007

Watford...a warning?

Watford are the latest team to face a possible 10 point deduction through the threat of administration, they must sell there most prized playing assets by September with 0 ( zero ) of the funds raised going toward new signings.

A possible warning for NCFC or is our gamble safe?

Gamble I hear you say, what gamble? Well, with a brief look over our accounts you will see that the clubs profit has gone from £9m three years ago to £0.3m last year, during this time we also had players to sell and arguably creamed as much out of the catering side as is possible.

As fans we are ( mostly ) delighted at the new signings, we haven''t yet spent a fortune but I doubt the players we have bought in are earning less than those we got rid of, if anything, our wage bill this season will be increased dramatically especially taking into account our next 2 or 3 signings ( whoever they will be )

So, with a downward trend in profit to continue this year, NCFC plc will be increasing its debt. As Mr Doncaster has responded, our current debt is ''being managed and under control'' But for how much longer?

Has Delia raised more money? You can bet your life on it, but where from and on what terms?

I believe this season is the last for Delia et al, it''s gamble time, promotion or bust for her crew. I for one desperately hope it works out and we are toasting a promotion busting team come June next year.....but what if we''re not? Can we be sure Cullum will still be here to ''save our souls'' in a years time?

Say a prayer for the fans at Watford, as they are certainly not the last.......

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

Watford are the latest team to face a possible 10 point deduction through the threat of administration, they must sell there most prized playing assets by September with 0 ( zero ) of the funds raised going toward new signings.

Gamble I hear you say, what gamble? Well, with a brief look over our accounts you will see that the clubs profit has gone from £9m three years ago to £0.3m last year, during this time we also had players to sell and arguably creamed as much out of the catering side as is possible.

As fans we are ( mostly ) delighted at the new signings, we haven''t yet spent a fortune but I doubt the players we have bought in are earning less than those we got rid of, if anything, our wage bill this season will be increased dramatically especially taking into account our next 2 or 3 signings ( whoever they will be )

So, with a downward trend in profit to continue this year, NCFC plc will be increasing its debt. As Mr Doncaster has responded, our current debt is ''being managed and under control'' But for how much longer?

Has Delia raised more money? You can bet your life on it, but where from and on what terms?

I believe this season is the last for Delia et al, it''s gamble time, promotion or bust for her crew. I for one desperately hope it works out and we are toasting a promotion busting team come June next year.....but what if we''re not? Can we be sure Cullum will still be here to ''save our souls'' in a years time?

[/quote]

Watford are now threating legal action to sqaush the kind of rumour you''re spouting about SAFU, yes, they''re reigning in on deals etc, but they''re no where near admistraion mate.

Ok but I would usually trust the BBC, anyway, I used Watford as an example, the rest still applies tho''

The reason our profit has probably gone down is due to the fact we haven''t sold any players for big money since Earnmore, do not however be alarmed! 20,000 + season tickets sold, and it doesn''t matter if the buyers of these tickets don''t turn up as NCFC PLC have their money already! Also we are in a luxurious positon of having a mortgage and all our debt in accounted for and managed by the incomings and profit forecast!

I would imagine by releasing the 9 players at the end of last season we free''d up £30,000 (at least) per week in wages and the players that have come in won''t be earning anywhere near that much, and we also have 3-4 catering/restaurant operations, income from the dreaded hotel!

Administration is not going to happen in my eyes(opinions vary however) and besides I can''t see Watford being much of a threat this season, as much as admire Aidy Boothroyd and Malky!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="SAFU2007"]

[/quote]

Watford are now threating legal action to sqaush the kind of rumour you''re spouting about SAFU, yes, they''re reigning in on deals etc, but they''re no where near admistraion mate.

[/quote]

The Watford Observer may have got it wrong.  However, all is not well. 

The former vice-chairman is thinking of a takeover but read:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12072008/58/championship-russo-ready-watford-takeover.html

The Watford situation is still unclear so I won''t comment on that, but the rest of SAFU2007 post has crossed my mind also.  If the current board are gambling, hoping for promotion and extra ''share value'' but if the season is over by November!  Can we, as supporters be confident that Peter Cullam will come to the rescue next year?