Sign in to follow this  
CiderkiddCanary

What did you think of Martin and Cureton?

What did everybody think of them?Personally, I thought Cureton took his goal very well, great finish past a hulking Gomes, but apart from that he didn''t offer alot to the game. Martin has obviously been given the steel hand by Roeder, and I was glad to see him hunting down the Spurs players and showing some effort. Also may I say he looked alot fitter, but I felt his final ball was disappointing (don''t get me started on Pattison).

I think it went from bad to worse and I''m not fan of Cureton.

Martin was summed up when Hoolahan fed him that ball and he was faced up 1 on 1 with Zokora and he failed to commit Zokora or play someone else in. He didn''t have a clue what to do.

i was impressed with Cureton tonight, he linked up with Hoolahan quite well

Martin.......why wont he shoot??? 1-2 with Hoolahan edge of the area and he just stood there!!!

Cureton was OK tonight considering he''s not the lone striker type! Took his goal well and put in a lot of effort.

Martin was not on for long and we were out of the game by the time he arrived, good enough for the squad and with a bit of application he could do alright for us. Forget past personal issues, I simply don''t care if he performs on the pitch, he looked more in shape than when I''ve seen him previously so that''s a good sign of his intent I would say.

Cureton looked good tonight and a stunning finish. Martin, didn''t really see very much but ran around a lot. Not really enough to judge either as they both need a partner.

[quote user="GJP"]

my thoughts too, Martin just stop dead without any idea what to do so he passed the ball back end of attack gave ball away, let him play for Beccles town with his brother  

Martin was summed up when Hoolahan fed him that ball and he was faced up 1 on 1 with Zokora and he failed to commit Zokora or play someone else in. He didn''t have a clue what to do.

[/quote]

[quote user="GJP"]

my thoughts too, Martin just stop dead without any idea what to do so he passed the ball back end of attack gave ball away, let him play for Beccles town with his brother  

[/quote]