Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Perhaps G.R. will sell Shacks now that . . . .

If we buy two more we can sell him,  but we do need 4 cbs for a good season.. 

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I don''t think it''ll happen Jim, we need cover in that position mate.[/quote]

Agreed Wiz,  but stranger things have happened before now.....

Why sell for a £1m now when we can get £2-3m for him at the end of the season? It''s amazing how much a player''s stock can rise with on-field success.

I hope not i''ll rather have shacks than the Doc playing alongside stefanovic

cast your minds bk when the last 10 games of the prem when city had that gd little run of results to take it to last game of the season before city went down :(

who was playing alongside fleming shacks and there was even rumors of some of the clubs looking at him when city lost 3 - 1 to chelsea at carrow road shacks kept Diver Drogba out of the game he was great just like safri was when worthy finally played them to little to late at the time but they made the diffrence for last 10 games

so lay of shacks his better than alot of the championship defenders so we should be greatfull to still have him

don''t for get it''s a team game and city were very poor last year  

[quote user="bunny"]Why sell for a £1m now when we can get £2-3m for him at the end of the season? It''s amazing how much a player''s stock can rise with on-field success.[/quote]

But only with regular first team football Bunny, hence my original post.

If  he spends too long on the bench nobody will get a chance to rate him, high or low.

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

. . . . he is not automatic first choice.

A million quid would be handy !  Put it towards a decent striker maybe ?

[/quote]

What is the point in signing one centre back only to promptly sell another when we are so short of cover and competition in that area anyway??

I suppose a lot of it will come down to whether Shacks has had his head turned and wants the move.  If he does, then he should go, as his attitude won''t be right playing for us.  However, if he''s committed to the cause, keep him.

I''d be sorry to see him go at the moment. For the first couple of seasons he looked as if he''d develop into a really good CB. Then his mind wandered a bit... But if the Roeder regime can get him back in line he could still fulfil his potential here. Needs to score a few goals as well.