Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Anyone waiting for a reply.....?

I beat atlanta - Right Smuggy lets have a look at this.  Firstly football clubs unlike other PLCs are a completely differemt kettle of fish.  They operate at the very heart of communities, it is one of the few (possibly only) industries where old fashioned honest love prevent you from considering an alternative.  We are not buying a product or 90 minutes of entertainment, we are devoting part of our emotion to a dream. 

Some fans live and breath this football club travelling the length and breadth of the country in support.  And without the large and loyal fan base there are no sponsors, no sponsors mean few TV opportunities, none of the above mean reduced revenue, reduced revenue means lesser quality players, lesser quality players mean lower league football, lower league football means everyones investment is essentially worthless.  Based on this do you not agree that we deserve a little transparancy.  Is that clear enough for you.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

I beat atlanta - Right Smuggy lets have a look at this.  Firstly football clubs unlike other PLCs are a completely differemt kettle of fish.  They operate at the very heart of communities, it is one of the few (possibly only) industries where old fashioned honest love prevent you from considering an alternative.  We are not buying a product or 90 minutes of entertainment, we are devoting part of our emotion to a dream. 

Some fans live and breath this football club travelling the length and breadth of the country in support.  And without the large and loyal fan base there are no sponsors, no sponsors mean few TV opportunities, none of the above mean reduced revenue, reduced revenue means lesser quality players, lesser quality players mean lower league football, lower league football means everyones investment is essentially worthless.  Based on this do you not agree that we deserve a little transparancy.  Is that clear enough for you.

[/quote]Understand everything you say pal....but you''re being idealogical. The fact is that its a business and you have no right to know the inner workings any more than you do at Tesco or BP.

I''ve followed Norwich since my first game in 1963 if you want a pi55ing contest but it gives me no right to know what going on behind the doors. If all the 30+ names we have considered since Roeder arrived were made public then prices would be hiked in exactly the same way that if we made public our budget and investment plans. OF COURSE IT HAS TO BE KEPT QUIETA lot of info used to be leaked here by a forum member who works at the club (Pete will know who he was as he had several run ins with moderators) but due to the childish reactions from people on here he stopped posting.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

Understand everything you say pal....but you''re being idealogical. The fact is that its a business and you have no right to know the inner workings any more than you do at Tesco or BP.

I''ve followed Norwich since my first game in 1963 if you want a pi55ing contest but it gives me no right to know what going on behind the doors. If all the 30+ names we have considered since Roeder arrived were made public then prices would be hiked in exactly the same way that if we made public our budget and investment plans. OF COURSE IT HAS TO BE KEPT QUIET

A lot of info used to be leaked here by a forum member who works at the club (Pete will know who he was as he had several run ins with moderators) but due to the childish reactions from people on here he stopped posting.
[/quote]

No Pi55ing contest required, you win hands down (a bit of a cheek calling Arthur old timer!!).  While you are quite right I dont need to know every business dealing the club is involved in, what I would like is a statement on a consistent basis.  We dont have to name names to keep the public in the loop.  But I agree that it is probably harder to do than it seems.  A bit of honesty though from time to time would be great.  One of the biggest bug bears are the lies (e.g the Dean Ashton saga).

CarlosI understand your pain... really I do.....trouble is.......As the new chief exec of Norwich City Carlos could we ask you about Dean Ashton? Is he up for sale?a) Yes Fans backlash, purchasing club gets the hump as it alerts other clubs and should the sale fall through players career at Norwich finishedb) no commenteveryone assumes ''a''c) noYou''re a liarIt aint easy mate....... believe me this board does a might fine job of a thankless taskOff out now...... night

"Try and keep up old timer". And people expect to be shown respect on here. Ok then Mr arrogant, are you that dumb that you cant tell the difference between traveling all over to watch NCFC and popping down the supermarket for your weekly shopping? Do you live and breath tescos 24 hours a day? Do you travel miles to watch people going in and out of tesco? Thought not. Think about it.

Blimey, the archant boys must be rubbing their hands with glee. Close season, not much happening, bit of transfer gossip but all concerned rather bored with so they cobble together a rehash of a nine month old story, force the principle actors to meet and get you lot in such a lather.

PC may be back, he might even be working through some details right now or he may just have forgotten about it. Get over it.

The £20m transfer fund offer for control was a deal that could never be done. Perhaps he knew that when the offer was made - he certainly knows that now.

Putting something together like this is a complicated & takes time. Why should this be revealed to you - you are not that important. When the time comes you will be told not before. You don''t have a right to know.

Get over it

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"]Carlos

I understand your pain... really I do.....trouble is.......

As the new chief exec of Norwich City Carlos could we ask you about Dean Ashton? Is he up for sale?

a) Yes
Fans backlash, purchasing club gets the hump as it alerts other clubs and should the sale fall through players career at Norwich finished

b) no comment
everyone assumes ''a''

c) no
You''re a liar

It aint easy mate....... believe me this board does a might fine job of a thankless task

Off out now...... night

[/quote]

Answer - West Ham have made an informal offer and the player has stated that he wishes to talk to them.  As much as we want to keep him the lad is keen to return to the premier league as soon as possible.  On this occasion we wont stand in his way but rest assured we will negotiate the best possible fee.

Result - Temporary fans backlash, soon settled down and appreciating the honesty and integrity of the board.

Scenario 2

How close are the club to signing new players.

Answer - At this stage we obviously cant name names and prices as the negotiations are still ongoing.  We are in negotiations with 4 players, 2 of which are looking very promising and we are confident that an announcement will be made within the next 7 days.

Result 1 - With boards current form, its all spin and bull54it.  Result 2 - With consistent honesty from the board the fans are more likely to be uplifted and then start speculating as to who it might be.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

"Try and keep up old timer". And people expect to be shown respect on here. Ok then Mr arrogant, are you that dumb that you cant tell the difference between traveling all over to watch NCFC and popping down the supermarket for your weekly shopping? Do you live and breath tescos 24 hours a day? Do you travel miles to watch people going in and out of tesco? Thought not. Think about it.

[/quote]There is an emotional difference - well done for picking up on that. Still gives you no more *rights*. Your emotion commitment to something gives you no more right to learn it''s secrets than anyone else.Figure this; there is a girl you fancy, but she hates you. You stalk her, think about her all day, commit your ver soul to her, photograph her when she is getting undressing through the window from up in a tree... and you''ve got as much *right* to her as you have to Norwich City. Regardless of how much of a dirty pervert wierd nutter you are are. Now, leave her alone, freak! [:)]

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

There is an emotional difference - well done for picking up on that. Still gives you no more *rights*. Your emotion commitment to something gives you no more right to learn it''s secrets than anyone else.

Figure this; there is a girl you fancy, but she hates you. You stalk her, think about her all day, commit your ver soul to her, photograph her when she is getting undressing through the window from up in a tree... and you''ve got as much *right* to her as you have to Norwich City. Regardless of how much of a dirty pervert wierd nutter you are are. Now, leave her alone, freak! [:)]
[/quote]

If this girl i liked was happy to take my money every weekend and then when i ask her if she fancies going out to which she replies no,and i ask why but she blanks me i''d feel rather put out wouldn''t you? Think about it that way matey.