Sign in to follow this  
Grando

Shelf life

All regimes eventually reach the point where they''re past their best, sitting ducks doing all they can to deflect the flak that''s raining in from all sides. It can happen to people who initially were welcomed, as well as those who''ve never been popular. Sure enough a tipping point will come though and there''s no way round it for the incumbents. You could argue our current government''s reached this point, just like the Tories before them.

And certainly, I believe, Michael and Delia have now reached it. Nothing they can now do is going to take the club forward. If Cullum''s is genuinely interested in buying the club (as it seems) they should bag themselves the best deal going and leave with their heads held high. While they still have some dignity and standing left in the history of this great club.

This is all true but those regimes that fall into this category tend to cling to their position as long as possible.  Look at mugabe.

[quote user="spudgfsh"]This is all true but those regimes that fall into this category tend to cling to their position as long as possible.  Look at mugabe.
[/quote]

I think the comparison to Mugabe is a tad dramatic!

The original post is spot on tho''

[quote user="spudgfsh"]This is all true but those regimes that fall into this category tend to cling to their position as long as possible.  Look at mugabe.
[/quote]

Hmm. Mildly benevolvent celebrity chef / owner of football club compared to geoncidal dictator responsible for the systematic destruction and starvation of all who oppose him. Nope, don''t see the comparison there i''m afraid..

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

[quote user="spudgfsh"]This is all true but those regimes that fall into this category tend to cling to their position as long as possible.  Look at mugabe.[/quote]

I think the comparison to Mugabe is a tad dramatic!

The original post is spot on tho''

[/quote]lol...............if Delia was like Mugabe I''d not be going anywhere near Carrow Road.........she''d hack you to death with a meat cleaver and boil you up ready for a matchday snack...........ooh er missus

[/quote]

I see where you''re coming from fishy.  Last night on the news I heard Mugabe''s people say he''d only negotiate once everyone had recognised him as president, and it reminded me so much of the "I won''t talk to you until you put in a formal offer" statement to Peter Cullum.  He wants to dictate the terms of reference before starting to negotiate, and so do they. 

Totally different scale of events but similar mindset imo.  Perhaps Margaret Thatcher would be a more appropriate comparison.  It''s known as "hubris" which is defined as "overweening arrogance such as invites disaster".

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

I see where you''re coming from fishy.  Last night on the news I heard Mugabe''s people say he''d only negotiate once everyone had recognised him as president, and it reminded me so much of the "I won''t talk to you until you put in a formal offer" statement to Peter Cullum.  He wants to dictate the terms of reference before starting to negotiate, and so do they. 

Totally different scale of events but similar mindset imo.  Perhaps Margaret Thatcher would be a more appropriate comparison.  It''s known as "hubris" which is defined as "overweening arrogance such as invites disaster".

[/quote]

I meant to add: that''s the most worrying aspect of this situation.  If it were just about money and D&M getting a fair return for their investment, no doubt it could have been sorted out behind closed doors months ago.  Will D&M continue to dig their heels into while the club goes to hell on a handcart like Zimbabwe has?