Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Antoine Sibierski

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

HAs been told by Wigan that he can leave on a free. I wouldnt bet against him coming here.

He''s a very good player!

[/quote]

wheres your ambition?  ;-)

I really hope Glenn can persuade him to drop down a level because I believe he would be really awesome in the Championship. Given their history, this could be a possibility.

on a serious note, this guy has skill... he would be really good in our league... adebola type player, big, assists, but soesn''t score alot but it does matter to much as long as he gets 8/9/10 and someone along side him gets 15/20...!!

[:)]

Would love to see him here. He''d be the perfect foil for a predatory striker.

Am I the only one who thinks that Sibierski is overrated? I''ve never really seen him do a great deal. He seems a betwixt-and-between kind of player, neither particularly creative, not especially strong, nor an out-and-out predator. I''m sure he''d do a job in the Championship, and on his name alone he''d be a ''big'' signing for us, but I don''t think signing both him and Andy Cole would be an especially good idea. If we''ve got some cash, we should speculate to accumulate on a talented younger player.

[quote user="Coelho"]Am I the only one who thinks that Sibierski is overrated? I''ve never really seen him do a great deal. He seems a betwixt-and-between kind of player, neither particularly creative, not especially strong, nor an out-and-out predator. I''m sure he''d do a job in the Championship, and on his name alone he''d be a ''big'' signing for us, but I don''t think signing both him and Andy Cole would be an especially good idea. If we''ve got some cash, we should speculate to accumulate on a talented younger player.
[/quote]

You obviously werent at the Man City home game in the premiership season then?

[quote user="ryank"]

[quote user="Coelho"]Am I the only one who thinks that Sibierski is overrated? I''ve never really seen him do a great deal. He seems a betwixt-and-between kind of player, neither particularly creative, not especially strong, nor an out-and-out predator. I''m sure he''d do a job in the Championship, and on his name alone he''d be a ''big'' signing for us, but I don''t think signing both him and Andy Cole would be an especially good idea. If we''ve got some cash, we should speculate to accumulate on a talented younger player.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just to clarify:

Norwich 2-3 Manchester City

Robbie Fowler bagged a double as Manchester City came from two goals down to win a thriller at Carrow Road.

Dean Ashton''s superb flicked finish put the Canaries ahead and Ashton then turned provider as Leon McKenzie raced through to double the lead.

But Antoine Sibierski''s header made it 2-1 and the Frenchman then combined brilliantly with Shaun Wright-Phillips to tee up Robbie Fowler for number two.

Norwich had Mattias Jonson sent off and Fowler''s injury-time shot won it.

Norwich, desperate to claw back some points in the relegation battle after Crystal Palace''s win over Birmingham on Saturday, raced into a two-goal lead in a pulsating opening period.

Ashton had already combined with the lively Graham Stuart to carve out a half-chance for McKenzie when he grabbed a sensational opening goal.

The England Under-21 striker made a fine diagonal run behind the visiting defence and his audacious first-time right-foot flick from Adam Drury''s pass looped the ball up and over David James and into the far post.

Joey Barton almost pulled City level but his fierce 20-yard shot was deflected wide.

But Norwich were celebrating their second almost immediately.

Ashton once again showed excellent composure to hold the ball up and send McKenzie free on goal and the striker neatly sidefooted home across the on-rushing James.

Despite being two goals to the good, Nigel Worthington''s men - who included debutant Jason Shackell at centre-half - were looking anything but comfortable.

Fowler saw a chipped effort sail comfortably over the bar and the ever-impressive Wright-Phillips'' pace and trickery was once again posing major problems.

And it was no surprise when Sibierski profited from some sloppy marking to glance in the visitors'' opener from Kiki Musampa''s excellent right-wing centre.

Sibierski''s stunning pass then sent Wright-Phillips racing away on the left and his superb pull-back was expertly tucked away by Fowler - his 150th Premiership goal.

Dean Ashton

Dean Ashton gave Norwich the lead with a brilliant volley
Despite the best efforts from Delia Smith, who grabbed the mic to rally the crowd at half-time, Norwich''s hopes continued to evaporate after the interval.

Neither side could create a clear-cut chance but with Norwich beginning to get on top they had Jonson sent off for a needless second yellow card.

Jonson dived in late on Joey Barton leaving referee Rob Styles with no option but to dismiss the midfielder.

A Norwich win seemed highly unlikely but Ashton almost scored with a rasping half-volley that was well blocked by James.

It was the visitors who were totally dominating possession and Sibierski went close before Fowler''s miskicked shot crept over the line two minutes into injury-time to break Norwich''s hearts.

[quote user="ryank"]

[/quote]

I was thanks for reminding me - and then had to travel back to Peterborough in car with three Man City fans.  Between listening to them bang on about that last gasp winner and the "occassional" enquiry as to who the slightly tipsy lady who came on the pitch at half time was it made for a very long journey. [:(]

if he''s on a free, i say sign him up. surely he would take the wages huckerby was on last season. i think he could us about 20 goals a season. [Y]

Bad news, Hull are after him now!

The French forward scored some vital goals in Wigan Athletic’s Premier League survival bid last season, but the Latics have decided to make the 33-year-old available on a free transfer.

"Antoine was looking for another year on top of the year he has left on his contract at Wigan, but it seems he will move on," agent Willie McKay told Sky Sports. "I have spoken to John Benson and they will let him leave on a free transfer.

"He is a top quality professional and he was one of the fittest players at Wigan. Antoine still believes he has three or four years left in him and there is sure to be no shortage of offers for him."