Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Roeder doesn't carry that much clout............

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

So GR does not carry much clout hey?

Read this.

"I knew of Glenn''s managerial reputation - working with big name players in the Premier League - and hopefully he will help me become a better player too," Clingan told the club''s official website this afternoon.

"I was very impressed with what he said and his plans for the future - it really caught me and now I can''t wait for the first game

[/quote]

Now of course "Beds" you are so correct you lovely old boy and knowing Wiz he will be changing his mind pretty soon , in fact at this very minute , he will be posting that he made a mistake and how sorry he is . You just wait and see .I am right aren''t I ? [;)]  arrdee.

[/quote]

Apart from commenting that I''d put £100 quid at Dixmar that Clingan''s statement was written by the Agent - no make that £500 - I do think he is respected in the game (as he was as a 100 per cent gutsy player) but I''m afraid he is never going to be a fans favourite (my opinion, obviously).  He''s no Holloway, he''s no Fry or Keegan which some may regret and some may be thankful for.  It is just not his style.

I''ve only met him twice, both at charity events and not in a heat-related football situation but I rather liked him as a person and thought he was very straight talking but my assessment was that he is not a person to suffer fools gladly, or at all perhaps.  I would describe him as focussed and I suspect he will make enemies along the way.   But some of his former players are on record as saying that they respect him but the most telling thing (for me) is that Wenger wanted him as Director of Football at Arsenal - I honestly don''t think you get that sort of offer unless people believe you know what you are doing!  And that would have been big money, far bigger than Norwich in my view.

Whether he can do it with Norwich with whatever resources are available is entirely another matter, of course, but personally I think he took it on because it was, at the time, a very tough challenge and he believed he could.  I realise there are two camps here: the 13-game run camp and the "just escaped relegation" camp but if the 13-game run had not happened the game v QPR wouldn''t have mattered - you''d have been down already.

[/quote]

Now of course "Cam" I bow to your superior knowledge on this as I am sure you are right . Thanks for that link on O''hagans sausages which I found fascinating , they sound so much like ours apart from the fact that we do use a pinch or two of pin head rusk with every 20lb mix but what I would suggest that our pork is far superior to Mr O''hagans because he would have almost certainly been using sow meat in the production of his sausages . If I could explain , the last thing I want to do is make sausages from our pigs which are lean cutters , what I want to do is sell all the cuts from these at the top penny but I know I never will because no one asks for crop of pork , hand , or spring , so we put that into our sausages , so we are glad to recover from the cost that they have been but if I took Ruth''s time into account I know we would be out of pocket , Its almost sacrilege to use best cutters for the production of sausages , its akin to using fillet for beef mince. The sow meat that the O''hagans used for his production of sausages would only have cost a few pence per lb .arrdee.  

[/quote]

There is absolutely no answer to that on a football forum aside from saying that I believe the much lauded Procter''s are crap but that is just me.  Sweaty things which burst in the pan if you attempt to fry them! (Slightly better at baking).

I only bumped into the Roeders and the Gooches on account of an Essex hospice for children all of which we support according to our means, of course.

But Graham Gooch once took a look at my girl and said  F****g H**l how awesome is that (it was Southend Carnival): "Can I have a go?"

"No" I said.  He looked disappointed.

And before anyone thinks the less of me for denying Mr Gooch having a go at my girl I would point out that  Gwendolyn is 20 tons on the road and has a top speed of 4mph (see under Hartson).  With coal and water she is closer to 22 tons.

She was £35 as scrap at Crays Hill, Essex, and she''s probably £80,000 today.

Isn''t she lovely?  Can you see why Graham Gooch fell instantly in love with her and wanted to have a go at her?

http://www.planefacts.co.uk/traction/fowler/pages/fowlerph_jpg.htm

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

Read this.

"I knew of Glenn''s managerial reputation - working with big name players in the Premier League - and hopefully he will help me become a better player too," Clingan told the club''s official website this afternoon.

"I was very impressed with what he said and his plans for the future - it really caught me and now I can''t wait for the first game

[/quote]

Now of course "Beds" you are so correct you lovely old boy and knowing Wiz he will be changing his mind pretty soon , in fact at this very minute , he will be posting that he made a mistake and how sorry he is . You just wait and see .I am right aren''t I ? [;)]  arrdee.

[/quote]

Apart from commenting that I''d put £100 quid at Dixmar that Clingan''s statement was written by the Agent - no make that £500 - I do think he is respected in the game (as he was as a 100 per cent gutsy player) but I''m afraid he is never going to be a fans favourite (my opinion, obviously).  He''s no Holloway, he''s no Fry or Keegan which some may regret and some may be thankful for.  It is just not his style.

I''ve only met him twice, both at charity events and not in a heat-related football situation but I rather liked him as a person and thought he was very straight talking but my assessment was that he is not a person to suffer fools gladly, or at all perhaps.  I would describe him as focussed and I suspect he will make enemies along the way.   But some of his former players are on record as saying that they respect him but the most telling thing (for me) is that Wenger wanted him as Director of Football at Arsenal - I honestly don''t think you get that sort of offer unless people believe you know what you are doing!  And that would have been big money, far bigger than Norwich in my view.

Whether he can do it with Norwich with whatever resources are available is entirely another matter, of course, but personally I think he took it on because it was, at the time, a very tough challenge and he believed he could.  I realise there are two camps here: the 13-game run camp and the "just escaped relegation" camp but if the 13-game run had not happened the game v QPR wouldn''t have mattered - you''d have been down already.

[/quote]

Now of course "Cam" I bow to your superior knowledge on this as I am sure you are right . Thanks for that link on O''hagans sausages which I found fascinating , they sound so much like ours apart from the fact that we do use a pinch or two of pin head rusk with every 20lb mix but what I would suggest that our pork is far superior to Mr O''hagans because he would have almost certainly been using sow meat in the production of his sausages . If I could explain , the last thing I want to do is make sausages from our pigs which are lean cutters , what I want to do is sell all the cuts from these at the top penny but I know I never will because no one asks for crop of pork , hand , or spring , so we put that into our sausages , so we are glad to recover from the cost that they have been but if I took Ruth''s time into account I know we would be out of pocket , Its almost sacrilege to use best cutters for the production of sausages , its akin to using fillet for beef mince. The sow meat that the O''hagans used for his production of sausages would only have cost a few pence per lb .arrdee.  

[/quote]

There is absolutely no answer to that on a football forum aside from saying that I believe the much lauded Procter''s are crap but that is just me.  Sweaty things which burst in the pan if you attempt to fry them! (Slightly better at baking).

I only bumped into the Roeders and the Gooches on account of an Essex hospice for children all of which we support according to our means, of course.

But Graham Gooch once took a look at my girl and said  F****g H**l how awesome is that (it was Southend Carnival): "Can I have a go?"

And before anyone thinks the less of me for denying Mr Gooch having a go at my girl I would point out that  Gwendolyn is 20 tons on the road and has a top speed of 4mph (see under Hartson).  With coal and water she is closer to 22 tons.

Isn''t she lovely?  Can you see why Graham Gooch fell instantly in love with her and wanted to have a go at her?

[/quote]

She sure is a beauty, did you have much work to do on her?  And don''t ya just love the smell, almost as nice as smelling the methanol from a speedway bike ahhhhhhhhhhhh lovely.

My second cousin has one of the largest collections of steam engines in the UK, not seen him for donkey''s years, but he still attends most of the steam rallies up and down the UK.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

Read this.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

She sure is a beauty, did you have much work to do on her?  And don''t ya just love the smell, almost as nice as smelling the methanol from a speedway bike ahhhhhhhhhhhh lovely.

My second cousin has one of the largest collections of steam engines in the UK, not seen him for donkey''s years, but he still attends most of the steam rallies up and down the UK.

[/quote]

Over the years a lot of work and a lot of money! Smoke and burning oil..........Mmmmmmmmmmm

She was working till the early 60''s and then just got abandoned - they were just scrap metal in those days.

I do love the smell of a good Lady... I helped my stepmum out on her

crystal stall (or witchcraft, as my Dad and I call it) at the Weeting

Steam Rally a few years ago... was covered in soot by the end of it,

but loved it!