Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

No signings

Although NCFC need lots of signings who believe that we will  be fed the same bulls** from the board and led up the garden path regarding signings only to be let down yet again. The season tickets have been sold and that is all the board care about.

[quote user="The Great Revival. "]Although NCFC need lots of signings who believe that we will  be fed the same bulls** from the board and led up the garden path regarding signings only to be let down yet again. The season tickets have been sold and that is all the board care about.[/quote]

Why not wait until September 1st and then we''ll drag this thread up again? I promise.

[quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"]

[quote user="The Great Revival. "]Although NCFC need lots of signings who believe that we will  be fed the same bulls** from the board and led up the garden path regarding signings only to be let down yet again. The season tickets have been sold and that is all the board care about.[/quote]

Why not wait until September 1st and then we''ll drag this thread up again? I promise.

[/quote]

What to give the new signing time to bed in before the season starts. Like you logic.

Yeah, what a great shame, we haven''t bought anyone yet, even though the transfer window isn''t even open yet!

Gutted we''re not doing a leicester, and signing every single player who can kick a ball up straight away! They did so well doing that, didn''t they!

I think there will be plenty of signings but financial and other circumstances will dictate the kind of quality we are able to sign. Expect plenty of loanees and gambles on unproven youngsters. Unfortunately, this is where we are at present but you never know, whoever they turn out to be, they may just click and give us a successful season. Here''s hoping ! 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

Yeah, what a great shame, we haven''t bought anyone yet, even though the transfer window isn''t even open yet!

Gutted we''re not doing a leicester, and signing every single player who can kick a ball up straight away! They did so well doing that, didn''t they!

[/quote]

We are doing a good job of following Leicester, at this rate, into the 1st division. The mark of confidence is when the NCFC board  are unable to  persuade their skipper to sign for no longer than a year.

The same thing happened last summer. We would declare interest in a player, not do anything for weeks, other clubs would then come along and put an offer in, and we ended up losing out. Even though the transfer window is not open yet, we still see players moving from club to club. Chris Commons is just one example moving from Forest to Derby. We here all these rumours from our scout''s saying this player would be good, but whats the point because unless they are free they have no chance of coming here. Why are we stalling on players like: Hoolahan, Gorkks, James Brown etc. They are all cheap as chips, but no we wait for all other clubs to express an interest and then a bidding war starts out.

[quote user="The Great Revival. "][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

[/quote]

We are doing a good job of following Leicester, at this rate, into the 1st division. The mark of confidence is when the NCFC board  are unable to  persuade their skipper to sign for no longer than a year.

[/quote]

I thought someone on here said Fozzy was surprised not to have been offered longer?

I bought my hapless Colchester United FC Season Ticket as I have done for the past 25 years without any information whatsoever about signings.  Further as we work seven days a week I can''t actually get to any of the games.  I used to be able to but no longer.

I do this stupid act season after season because it is the only way I can support the club I love as I believe the season ticket income is important.

As it is only May I am by nature optimistic. I am really looking forward to next year in League One - yes, I really am - and I hope we''ll do well.

However if we lose our best players such as they are and sign a complete bunch of plonkers as replacements (which has certainly happened in the past) I will shrug my shoulders and say: "Oh, well" and then look forward to the season after that in the belief that it will THEN get better. 

I''d like to change all this, naturally, to ensure that we always get better.

But, sadly, I''m just a supporter of particular club (s) (Colchester/Lincoln City, how sad is that?) and I can''t do a thing about it.  I am one of thousands of supporters who handed over money out of their bank account (not Web pledges, REAL money) to help save Lincoln City not from administration but from EXTINCTION.  And I''m very proud of that.  But they are still crap and haven''t got out of League Two although they were, of course, the club who gave Huckerby his first break in football after he failed trials for both Notts Forest and County (and allegedly also for Worksop Town which is slightly more worrying)

I have survived "Boards" the like of which (I think) some of you have never experienced.  They are still my club (s).

Am I a fool?  Probably!  I bought two season tickets for the Conference League after all cos that is where Colchester ended up.

I didn''t like it either but it was still my club.  And if they do that again and I''m still around I will buy a Season Ticket.

But it won''t happen!  Next season will be wonderful for all of us won''t it?

Thats a nice post Camuldonum.

The only probs some of us have with our board is the lack of faith in them to spend that season ticket money (or a large portion of it) on the team. It just seems to disappear. Our transfer windows are always tight for a team selling 20,000 season tickets.