Sign in to follow this  
Inch High aka Inchy..

Huckerbygate, is it just a smoke screen.

[quote user="inch_high"]

I truely am hoping the the NCFC board prove me wrong. I want nothing but success for our club and would love for Glenn Roeder to lead us to the promised land(and keep us there). I will not be holding my breath though.

[/quote]

Exactly the same way I feel.

Lets face it the club has always had a hold back mentality long before the current board were involved and has mainly tried to do things on the cheap but its foolish to suggest they are actively preparing for relegation!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Why is that Scott, they have openly admitted they prepared for relegation when we were promoted to the Premiership.[/quote]If that''s the case, and I''m sure it is, I''d hate to see how they dealt with something they were unprepared for.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="inch_high"]

I truely am hoping the the NCFC board prove me wrong. I want nothing but success for our club and would love for Glenn Roeder to lead us to the promised land(and keep us there). I will not be holding my breath though.

[/quote]

Exactly the same way I feel.

[/quote]sure - we had a chance in the jan window and blew it - ''keepingpowderdry'' old bollards - yeah right>>> lets see the cash...

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Why is that Scott, they have openly admitted they prepared for relegation when we were promoted to the Premiership.[/quote]

Every club budgets for the worst case scanario in terms of results on the field in case they have a bad season so they can cope with it. A club that didn''t have this policy was Leeds who will embarking on a 2nd campaign in the 3rd Division next season!

The club have had a hold back mentality for as long as I can remember but don''t actively go looking for failiure on the field, just they try to do it on the cheap when sometimes speculating can reap great benefits such as signing Hucks which played a big part in us winning the Division 1 in 04.

Just that sometimes things don''t work out which in turn costs money. The board kept Worthy at least a year to long in the hope that he could replicate his earlier success. The board would never of appointed Grant if they would of foreseen how unsuitable for the managers job he turned out to be.

Hindsights a wonderful thing and no ones got a crystal ball!

[quote user="scott"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Why is that Scott, they have openly admitted they prepared for relegation when we were promoted to the Premiership.[/quote]

Every club budgets for the worst case scanario in terms of results on the field in case they have a bad season so they can cope with it. A club that didn''t have this policy was Leeds who will embarking on a 2nd campaign in the 3rd Division next season!

The club have had a hold back mentality for as long as I can remember but don''t actively go looking for failiure on the field, just they try to do it on the cheap when sometimes speculating can reap great benefits such as signing Hucks which played a big part in us winning the Division 1 in 04.

Just that sometimes things don''t work out which in turn costs money. The board kept Worthy at least a year to long in the hope that he could replicate his earlier success. The board would never of appointed Grant if they would of foreseen how unsuitable for the managers job he turned out to be.

[/quote]yeah - sure we speculated to  accumulate when the fans had shelled out with the board to via the share issue to fund the purchases that took us up.  having got up -  delia came up with her old prudence with fudge all slogan, and we''ve been backpedalling ever since.  crystall balls - this lot have got brass necks and are teflon coated i know that much.   how the hell are they getting away with it???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="scott"]

[/quote]

yeah - sure we speculated to  accumulate when the fans had shelled out with the board to via the share issue to fund the purchases that took us up.  having got up -  delia came up with her old prudence with fudge all slogan, and we''ve been backpedalling ever since. 

crystall balls - this lot have got brass necks and are teflon coated i know that much.   how the hell are they getting away with it???
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more!

I think we are largely in agreement Scott, however the Huckerby purchase was largely funded by a share issue and a fan who had the money to contribute to his wages. Otherwise we wouldn''t have got him, does that show ambition or speculating to accumulate. I think not.

Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing, and with the general malaise and failure of this club, (despite its sell out crowds etc, etc, to move forward) you would have thought another more positive approach would have been more forthcoming from this board who after all have the best interest of the club at heart.

The not having a sugar daddy stuff that Doncaster bleats on and on about is frankly rubbish when a couple on the board are amongst the richest business people in the country. That they choose not to invest more heavily is an avenue I would like to be explored more fully. Perhaps the fact that the major shareholders are clinging onto power by their fingertips has something to do with it.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I think we are largely in agreement Scott, however the Huckerby purchase was largely funded by a share issue and a fan who had the money to contribute to his wages. Otherwise we wouldn''t have got him, does that show ambition or speculating to accumulate. I think not. Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing, and with the general malaise and failure of this club, (despite its sell out crowds etc, etc, to move forward) you would have thought another more positive approach would have been more forthcoming from this board who after all have the best interest of the club at heart. The not having a sugar daddy stuff that Doncaster bleats on and on about is frankly rubbish when a couple on the board are amongst the richest business people in the country. That they choose not to invest more heavily is an avenue I would like to be explored more fully. Perhaps the fact that the major shareholders are clinging onto power by their fingertips has something to do with it.[/quote]

The Turners thing I have never understood. What purpose do they serve? Yes I know they invested 2 million for their seats on the board but in footballing terms that is a pittance.

Surely we should be aiming higher than a million pounds per seat on the board. Do they have something in the pipeline? I hope so.