Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Why not go for the Juggernaut?

8 hours to go, and a fairly good day so far. Okay, no big permanant signings, as I was hoping, but still, there''s time.

However, I feel as if we the fans, and the board, and perhaps even Roeder, have missed something here. We are playing in a fairly average division, and are 9 points off the play-offs, 10 unbeaten, and a good run of games coming up. Why not go for that striker who''d push us closer to the top 6?

We all know that all we lack is a quality striker- so why didn''t we buy someone like Beckford, Gray (who went to Charlton), or Ebanks-Blake (who went to Wolves)?

I feel a little frustrated that the club didn''t just think, why not, and spend a million or so on one of these guys. It could be the difference between a mid-table finish (which, yes, we would have taken 3 months back), or a promotion push, and give us that boost that Hucks, McKenzie and Svensson did in 2005.

Here''s hoping!

[quote]

8 hours to go, and a fairly good day so far. Okay, no big permanant signings, as I was hoping, but still, there''s time.

However, I feel as if we the fans, and the board, and perhaps even Roeder, have missed something here. We are playing in a fairly average division, and are 9 points off the play-offs, 10 unbeaten, and a good run of games coming up. Why not go for that striker who''d push us closer to the top 6?

We all know that all we lack is a quality striker- so why didn''t we buy someone like Beckford, Gray (who went to Charlton), or Ebanks-Blake (who went to Wolves)?

I feel a little frustrated that the club didn''t just think, why not, and spend a million or so on one of these guys. It could be the difference between a mid-table finish (which, yes, we would have taken 3 months back), or a promotion push, and give us that boost that Hucks, McKenzie and Svensson did in 2005.

Here''s hoping!

[/quote]Who''s to say that if we can get some quality balls in for the forwards, that Cureton / Evans / Huckerby / Dublin can''t do the business ?  Sooner or later one or two of them will start to click again.

I think we should defiantly go for the juggernaut. Far to many people want to go for the jugular but they’re just not thinking straight.

At least with a juggernaut you can sell it later if things go wrong.